Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Draelun

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Draelun » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Organically impaired?? Surely Whisper would say improved or superior or some such noun/gerundive? OK, maybe not Whisper, but Hal certainly would.

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Wooooo nice page! I like how we bounce from tension to tension. I'm tempted to ask how much explosive they can pack into two meters, but considering that I'm pretty sure we could fit a nuke into something that size today, It's probably not good.
Looks like it's still pretty distant though. How long would it take to launch Kari's fighter? Also, do any of the rest of them know any damage control? If not, Hal being out of commission is going to be a real problem...

Those are some seriously shiny-looking wallpapers. Every time I think the art in CD is as good as it can get (it's already miles ahead of any other 3D comic I know) you go and prove me wrong. Time to do my part to keep Crimson Dark up and running... do you have them in 1920x1080 by any chance? Oh, and while I'm glad to know it's nothing serious, hopefully the unwell-ness goes away soon.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:24 pm

cbhacking wrote:do you have them in 1920x1080 by any chance?
All three wallpapers are available in 1900x1200, 1920x1080, 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 - that should cover all common aspect ratios. If anyone donates but needs a custom resolution, I'd be happy to oblige.

wildthayne

Post by wildthayne » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:26 am

Draelun wrote:Organically impaired??
Did I miss something? Who said, "Organically impaired??"

wildthayne

Post by wildthayne » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

New stuff! How fun!

David, I assume the torpedo came from the vashnir, correct? Naughy, naughty!

Hal, cute? That's a juicy (possibly foreshadowing) comment from Vaegyr's sister! (Does she have a name yet?)

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 pm

wildthayne wrote:Hal, cute? That's a juicy (possibly foreshadowing) comment from Vaegyr's sister! (Does she have a name yet?)
I believe she does, though it escapes me at the moment.

And perhaps her opinion of Hal is only so high because she hasn't actually interacted with him. :twisted:
Some pithy statement goes here.

Draelun

Post by Draelun » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:31 pm

wildthayne wrote:Did I miss something? Who said, "Organically impaired??"
David said it (the great designer I mean) as the heading of the rant. I was assuming it was a comment on the 'body job' name calling by what'sername. :?

adapa

Post by adapa » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:06 am

David wrote:<snip> If anyone donates but needs a custom resolution, I'd be happy to oblige.
WOW, just put the wallpaper on my monitor(s) & all I can say is WOW
very nice
thank you David!

wildthayne

Post by wildthayne » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:21 am

Draelun wrote:
wildthayne wrote:Did I miss something? Who said, "Organically impaired??"
David said it (the great designer I mean) as the heading of the rant. I was assuming it was a comment on the 'body job' name calling by what'sername. :?
Ah, yes. I see it now. I always seem to forgot to read the titles of the rants since I expect a standard form title to go there. Lazy me. Now that my memory has been jogged, I recall that there have been some very nice titles.

wildthayne

Post by wildthayne » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:51 am

Dhraakellian wrote:
wildthayne wrote:Hal, cute? That's a juicy (possibly foreshadowing) comment from Vaegyr's sister! (Does she have a name yet?)
I believe she does, though it escapes me at the moment.
I found it. :D Arlene. Vaegyr mentions it in his log in Chapter 7, Day 5 (and possibly sooner.)

On that same page, I also noticed that Whisper still has a "naughty little ghost" (viral A.I.) in a "cage" and also that she wants to create or obtain a doomsday device. I wonder if either of those elements will come back in a future chapter. :?: