Official "Discuss the latest news" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
sundawg

Official "Discuss the latest news" thread

Post by sundawg » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:09 am

I didn't think it made sense to put this under "discuss the latest page" so I started this thread instead.

All I have to say is that I'll take that Australian summer right now over the bitter cold winter we're getting in the Midwest part of the States.

Lokekar Kra

Re: Official "Discuss the latest news" thread

Post by Lokekar Kra » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Having experienced extreme heat and cold I will take the latter, more I can do outside.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Froggy the Great

Post by Froggy the Great » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 am

We came this --> <-- close to getting snow in coastal SC for the first time in 10ish years this morning. Sigh.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:01 am

Almost snow? (sigh) I've been shoveling a few inches to several inches most days, where I live, and when I got up this morning it was a whopping 5 degrees outside. I do like Michigan, even winter in Michigan, but that kind of cold hurts.

see317

Post by see317 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:27 am

sundawg wrote:I didn't think it made sense to put this under "discuss the latest page" so I started this thread instead.

All I have to say is that I'll take that Australian summer right now over the bitter cold winter we're getting in the Midwest part of the States.
Odd weather indeed.
Here in Colorado it was 60 degrees yesterday. Shouldn't have that kind of weather in Colorado in January.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

May I point out the heatwave that melbourne has suffered may change your view of ice over heat?

It was the hottest burst of days since 1908 - After buckling rail tracks, fainting pensioners and marsupials falling out of trees with heatstroke, it turns out that none of the commuter trains (designed for maximum temperatures of 35 degrees after which air conditioners start to fail) coped with 3 days of 43+ degree temperature. Melting humans we were. Melting!

It was amazing that Nadal and Federer even made it onto the tennis court let alone played for 5 sets. Magnificent tennis, disquieting weather.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:49 pm

skythorn wrote:It was amazing that Nadal and Federer even made it onto the tennis court let alone played for 5 sets. Magnificent tennis, disquieting weather.
Wait, was there a tennis match on last night? I was busy watching the cricket :)

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:28 pm

you were watching the PM's 11 vs New Zealand .. how shameful was that :lol:

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:55 pm

skythorn wrote:you were watching the PM's 11 vs New Zealand .. how shameful was that :lol:
No, the PM's 11 was on Thursday (I think). Last night (Sunday) was the first in the ODI series against NZ. It was actually a very enjoyable match, and we only lost on the very last ball.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:34 pm

skythorn wrote:marsupials falling out of trees with heatstroke.
So is that what the legendary Drop-bears are?

!;Þ
Some pithy statement goes here.