Official "Discuss the latest news" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
sherinik

Re: Official "Discuss the latest news" thread

Post by sherinik » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Dropbears? Drak, now that you've said that I can't believe no one else has said it! I nearly wet myself laughing!

Memories of a night trek through the bush down near Lake Tyers/Bairnsdale one school camp in primary school, all of us terrified of being attacked by dropbears. I still haven't been back there...

see317

Post by see317 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:38 am

Hypothetical wrote:Just wanted to wish you a hearty " Get better Soon".

Having had 2 of my Wisdom teeth pulled I can tell you it's no picnic, especially on top of everything else. But, you'll get some good drugs.

They are going to tell you, don't suck on anything. Listen to them.

When I had my first one pulled, I made the mistake of going and getting a Milkshake to ease the pain. Sucked the clot right out of the hole, and ended up with Dry Socket. It's not dangerous, but it HURTS. As in, on a scale of 1-10, an 8.7.

I just found this Webbie this morning, and finished reading the archives about an hour ago ( signed up for the forum, saw the Fav Sci-Fi thread, couldn't resist going there).
That part in bold? It's a very important thing to remember when having wisdom teeth out. Or any surgery really. Listen to the doctor and follow his/her advice.
As a side note, if the dry socket gets infected, it very quickly gets dangerous, and raises the pain quotient to a 9.5 or so.

Froggy the Great

Post by Froggy the Great » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Yes, Wisdom teeth out is only about 6.8 Hurtz on the Ouchdammitometer, but spikes up to 8.24 when you try to drink from a straw. Bob only knows what happens if you suck too hard.