Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Aegis J Hyena

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:54 am

The moment Creed sees this he's gonna flip and get desperate. I expect an attempted assassination of the commodore... "She won't stop us, goddammit!"

LeonT

Post by LeonT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:54 am
The moment Creed sees this he's gonna flip and get desperate. I expect an attempted assassination of the commodore... "She won't stop us, goddammit!"
I suspect the Mazikeen took every possibility into account except losing.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:54 am
Why her? She is inconsequential. She may be the leader, but her position is powerless without the controller's cooperation. Replace her and you achieve nothing.
She didn't even know this transmission is going to be sent.

Bob will be the target.

Alternatively Mr. Creed could connect himself into the system, leading to a virtual fight between two controllers hooked to the same station.

LeonT

Post by LeonT » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:38 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 pm
Bob will be the target.
Sending all that data must take some time, preventing that from being completed would be the last resort. So either take out the controller or the relay itself, and the former seems like the easier target

PO8

Post by PO8 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am

I just thank goodness that this is a story arc taking place in a distant fictional future. Imagine if we ever got so messed up that this arc bore any relevance to current events — that would be terrible!

I love that David has been setting this story up for years. How brilliant is that?

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm

LeonT wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 am
I suspect the Mazikeen took every possibility into account except losing.
reminds me of the quip about raincoats that leak only under exceptional circumstances, i.e. when it rains
Some pithy statement goes here.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:05 am

Oh no, Kari, what are you doing?
If it works, they will call you "The hero of the Known Universe"!

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Bob will be the target.
Nah, with the commodore taken out as "shock value" he could send out a "The commodore is dead due to terrorists. Mobilize and let's cause a ruckus." He'd use her to gather forces and then strike, the same way they used Kari's "death" to get the recruitment going. Bob would be an expected high value target (therefore highly defended) and I'm pretty sure it's not just anyone that can jump in and "wage war" in the infosphere like Whisper potentially could.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:59 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 am
CygnusX1 wrote:
Bob will be the target.
Nah, with the commodore taken out as "shock value" he could send out a "The commodore is dead due to terrorists. Mobilize and let's cause a ruckus." He'd use her to gather forces and then strike, the same way they used Kari's "death" to get the recruitment going.
  • This won't stop the current transmission.
  • Sending any transmission about the terrorists may be hard if the controller blocks you.

Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:46 pm

CygnusX1 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:49 pm
On a technical side - for a few pages I noticed that panels that show the destroyer from behind have absolutely no stars in the background.
I am afraid, this feels empty and incomplete. Is this intentional?
There is a big bright nebula when looking the other way. The light coming from that would make all stars except for the brightest ones invisible.

For the same reason, you cannot see stars on photographs taken from the surface of the moon, because of the reflection of light from the lunar surface. Also you cannot see stars in the sky during daylight on earth. And even at night, when you are on a bright lit spot or in a big city you can hardly see any stars at all.