Scarborough Design

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
charles

Scarborough Design

Post by charles » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 am

You know. After reading all the news posts, I'm aware that David goes to a lot of trouble to make sure the interior and exterior of his ships match up. He did this with the Prospero where he wrote of how he created a basic outline of a theatre and inserted it into the ship, or built the ship around it, so that it made sense in the layout of the exterior, even though he never showed the theatre stage.

The Scarborough is doing this brilliantly. In the recent pages with Kari and Whisper I thought Whisper was walking from the Bridge, but after she mentioned coming from Daniel's room I took another look and realised the curvature matched for us looking from the front, towards the back of the ship.

If you look at the windows you can even work out that Daniel's room is the first two, larger windows directly above the back of the Stabaliser's join to the ship. Note the groove on the left side of the larger window, looking from the outside, which continues above and below the window in both the close and far view.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

JTO

Re: Scarborough Design

Post by JTO » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Just a question. Is there hanger and repair section for fighters?

JTO

Vile

Re: Scarborough Design

Post by Vile » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:28 pm

You can see the hangar on Monday's bonus page:

http://www.davidcsimon.com/crimsondark/ ... rip_id=442

Welcome to the boards, JTO. :D