[Off Topic] My RPG Kickstarter

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Vile

[Off Topic] My RPG Kickstarter

Post by Vile » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:01 am

First of all, I need to thank David for letting me post an almost* totally off-topic topic here. Thanks, David! :mrgreen:

I'm running a Kickstarter to pay for interior art for my latest RPG book, the BLUEHOLME™ Journeymanne Rules. The book is kind of an OGL clone of the "Holmes" edition of the world's most successful RPG. I say "kind of" because the original was a basic book covering only levels 1-3. I already have a book for the same 3 levels, called the Prentice Rules (see what I did there?).

The Journeymanne Rules are a standalone game for levels 1-20, meticulously researched to not only clone the original game but to enhance the freewheeling, happy-go-lucky, downright quirky way of running games the good Dr J. Eric Holmes had. Try googling his article "Fantasy Life in a Game Without End" for a taste of what his games were like. For example, you can play any species you want if your referee lets you - and let me advise any referees listening out there, don't let them play medusas. JEH himself once played an insectoid alien called a dreenoi from the tabletop wargame Starguard - so I asked John McEwan if I could use his critters in my game, and he said yes. What's more, the fine gentleman Chris Holmes, son of J. Eric, kindly wrote a foreword and donated some art to me.

So, anyway, here it is: my very first Kickstarter. The book is ready, including cover and 6 pieces of interior art already done. I'm only asking for money to feed artists, surely a worthy cause (right, David?). We've already motored through the art stretch goals and are now onto illustrated character sheets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dr ... anne-rules

Cover art by Jean-Francois Beaulieu

Cave creeper art by Chris Holmes

Vile

Re: [Off Topic] My RPG Kickstarter

Post by Vile » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:03 am

* Oh, I nearly forgot! It's not 100% off-topic. I'm still trying to persuade David that I can actually produce an RPG. Maybe, even, you know, an SF one. With cool ships and scarycute cyborgs, and the like. ;)