A Character design question.

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
KJ_A

A Character design question.

Post by KJ_A » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:40 am

A thought occurred to me while looking a a panel awhile back and I was wondering if you could answer it. Is Larissa Ward the tallest member of Niobe's crew? It jumped out at me that she is taller than her husband and when I looked I can't seem to find anyone whose head is higher than hers.

David
Site Admin

Re: A Character design question.

Post by David » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Yup, Larissa is the tallest.

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks for answering my question.

Oglokoog

Post by Oglokoog » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:00 am

This might be the wrong thread to ask, but I don't want to start a new one - why is Larissa so... ugly? I may be the one at fault, but she seems to always be making a rather malevolent face, no matter what mood she is currently in; while the other characters often display a wide palette of facial emotions (I especially like Captain Vrae and I can't help but admire what you're doing with what little face Whisper has), Larissa basically has three: evil smile, evil grin and evil scowl. For me, she's just painful to look at.
Is that, by any chance, intentional?

CptnSpldng

Post by CptnSpldng » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Oglokoog wrote:This might be the wrong thread to ask, but I don't want to start a new one - why is Larissa so... ugly? I may be the one at fault, but she seems to always be making a rather malevolent face, no matter what mood she is currently in; while the other characters often display a wide palette of facial emotions (I especially like Captain Vrae and I can't help but admire what you're doing with what little face Whisper has), Larissa basically has three: evil smile, evil grin and evil scowl. For me, she's just painful to look at.
Is that, by any chance, intentional?
3-D isn't my favorite method of rendering a character - if I were to draw her and draw her with what I hoped would be honoring David's creations I would attempt to depict her as a sharp-featured woman who is perpetually 'focused.' She does make attempts to soften herself and lighten up now and then but at heart she's a tough, intense and highly skilled person. I don't know that she's a person I'd want to hug, but I'd want her on my side.
"What fresh Hell is this?" D. Parker