Important Announcement!

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
charles

Re: Important Announcement!

Post by charles » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Congratulations!

Keep us up to date here on some of your work at the new job. We'll want to know which parts you've had a hand in.

If the content in both the comic and the supporter's club material is anything to go by, you'll do a fantastic job. I hope to see that same hint of comedy in some of that material which has made Crimson Dark a stunning story and look forward to the day that Crimson Dark returns, however slowly the work might be.

Here's hoping you also get a chance to publish the Crimson Dark book at some point. I want another beautiful hardcopy to put on my shelf along with the many other webcomic already there.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

Sarone

Post by Sarone » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Good luck David.

On one hand it sucks you'll be wrapping up Crimson Dark, but maybe they guys and gals at BioWare will allow you to put in some self promotion by having the Crimson Dark crew show up in a cantina somewhere.

You have done great work, and I remember reading your comic back in my first deployment. The art has definetely gotten better, five years and three deployments later. Hopefully you are able to get back to the CD universe before too long.

Thank you for what you do and helping guys and gals like me have something to look forward to.

Mr Teufel

Post by Mr Teufel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Congrats on the job with Blizzard! I've been watching you from the start, and thought you were destined for more. Go get'em!

see317

Post by see317 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Mr Teufel wrote:Congrats on the job with Blizzard! I've been watching you from the start, and thought you were destined for more. Go get'em!
It's not Blizzard, it's Bioware.

That aside, congrats on the new job. Are you relocating to the States or is this one of those jobs that you can do with a good internet connection?
Also, what would a guy have to do to get a beta invite? :lol:

Still, it's gonna suck not to see any new CD in the mornings after I get off of work. It always made my fridays and mondays a little better.

genejoke

Post by genejoke » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Like all others have said.

CONGRATULATIONS

But damn it's a shame, that said you have said you would like to return to it so it's not all bad for us readers.

charles

Post by charles » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Don't forget to keep voting for Crimson Dark on Top Web Comics (TWC) as well people!

As of this post CD is now ranked #33 up from about #41. Keep up the good work and remember you can vote every day.

Link to vote for Crimson Dark: http://topwebcomics.com/vote/4752/default.aspx
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

Sarkus

Post by Sarkus » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Wow, I have mixed emotions about this.

On the one hand, I remember some times when you were clearly struggling to keep going on this and to think that it has lead to these opportunities for you is amazing. On the other hand, I don't want to see the story end. Not now, not when there is clearly so much more to be told.

All I can say is congrats, thanks for telling a great story for five years, and I hope that after you get settled in Austin you realize you really do want to keep this going. I can hope, anyway.

adapa

Post by adapa » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:15 am

congrats, you made the right decision to take the job.
There's this fun event mid July in San Diego you might be interested in... :mrgreen: <cough comic-con cough>
if you decide to go, let us know 'cuz I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd help you with the logistics-

algesan

Post by algesan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:32 am

Work Visa? Ahhhh, you are much too law abiding, simply come in illegal and get benefits. :?