The Introduction Thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Unique Name

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Unique Name » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi. I'm Dean. I don't talk much. :)

Hypothetical

Post by Hypothetical » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Just call me Hypo. Hypothetical is the name I use on nearly every forum I visit.

I'm just short of 40, and a true Sci-Fi Geek. While I don't know everything about Sci-Fi, I know more about it than is probably healthy. :shock:

( You know what's really sad, and I didn't even think of it until just now. I've been a Sci-Fi geek longer than the guy who writes the Webcomic that this forum is based around has been alive. I am truly pathetic.)

So, let's see...I've been married twice, divorced twice. ( I'm back together with the woman I was divorced from the second time. She left me because I drink beer. After spending three years living with her full blown Alcoholic mother she finally realized that that is not such a bad thing. I'm a happy drunk, her mother is a mean, vindictive witch when she drinks ( which is from the moment she wakes up, until she passes out).)

I was in the U.S. Navy. I was discharged 2 months before Iraq invaded Kuwait. I served aboard the Yellowstone Class Destroyer Tender U.S.S. Acadia ( AD-42), which has long since been De-commissioned.

I have four Children, Luke, 18 as of last Groundhogs day, Kenny, 16, Shania ( don't blame me, her mother named her) 13, and Elizabeth, 6. I have kind of an adopted daughter, that I've never seen in the flesh, Angelique, who is Luke's 13 Year old half sister. ( Which is kind of a funny story...Angelique looks exactly like my sister did at that age...but I hadn't even seen her mother for 3 years before she was born, so I can not possibly be ( and DNA tests proved this because her grandmother insisted because of the resemblance) her father. But, I've seen pictures of her father, and he looks exactly like me. Go figure.)

Anyway, that's me.

Hi.
If life were a wheel, I would be stuck under it.

Crimson Dark...#1 Sci-Fi Webcomic.

coldfire142

Post by coldfire142 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:09 am

Hello hello i use coldfire or coldfire142 in almost every thing i do online.
I live in Lafayette Oregon, In the USA.
I'm currently a student studying Business and accounting.
I have served In the Navy. I was stationed on a submarine. so i can relate to being on a ship in space.
I was an ET nav. or Electronic technician Navigation. i helped navigate under water and maintained Internal com equipment as well as the navigation equipment.
Knowing where you are under water is VERY key, if you don't know exactly where you are at ... yer screwed.
i can imagine that it will be easier to git lost in space.
oh I'm currently 23

BlackMeph

Post by BlackMeph » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Greetings, webizens! I go by the name of Black Mephistopheles, Black Meph to save typing (and to save confusing the not-so-literate-minded). I'm not-qute 40, and like in San Diego, CA - the US's version of Brisbane. I spent eight years playing around with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, fixing multichannel (high-capacity data link) radios. Now I'm an Electronics tech and Software Engineering student. I'm happily married and have no kids. I've a voracious reader, and I usually make up for my long bouts of lurking with sesquipedalian run-on blathering. I stumbled on this site from Keenspot, and am loving every weekly-dribble!

So, coldfire142 - with all of that sub experience, how are you liking John Ringo's Through the Looking Glass series?
It's always darkest, just after the lights go out.

Joey1058

Post by Joey1058 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi, all. I had thought I was registered before, but I guess not! Anyway, checking in from Gladstone, MI, USA. :-)
"Federation lifeform regulations?! Boy, we're on a planet orbiting a star trillions of lightyears from anything close to your Federation! That googly-eyed monster with eight legs just took out Jones! Shoot the damn thing!"

neutral stalker

Post by neutral stalker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:28 pm

i am the neutral stalker. i call myself this beacuse i dont take sides and because i hunt things. mostly ideas that hide in the deeper parts of my brain.
i probably should have started here after i joined the forum, but i didnt notice it until now.
i live in canada, in manitoba, in fact, and im really just a huge nerd. but that's a secret.
For the greater good.

sudonim

Post by sudonim » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:02 am

hello.

I am Sudonim. I play bass, write windows apps and enjoy sci-fi, fantasy genre stuff, be it TV, film, comics, books or gaming.

I work full time at a UNI in the middle of the UK, i play in loads of adhoc muscial projects - most notable 3 being a Faith no More tribute, a System of a Down Tribute, and a classic rock covers band (hendrix, cream, Led zep).... I am in a couple of originals bands and write and produce my own tunes occasionally.

I am currently resting, but i have spent the last few years administrating a small online turn based fantasy empire management game.

I love crimson dark - just finished Chapter 4 - taking my time and relishing every page :D

message ends.
before you ask the pic is me singing and playing bass on a cover of for whom the bell tolls - metallica. check it in its glory on Youtube - My user ID is MHUNKY

Apparition

Post by Apparition » Wed May 20, 2009 12:54 am

Hello! Found CD about a week ago, and I absolutely love it! I greatly enjoy our Universe and all of its beauty. If you have yet to see the stars through a 10k power telescope I suggest you do so! I love Firefly and dabble in the X3 Universe, currently playing X3 Terran Conflict. Your comic brings to the imagination so much wonder and joy I am compelled to read a page every day.

Stop for no one, make your own place in life.

Dredogastus

Post by Dredogastus » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:18 am

Hello everyone. I'm 50 something and live in St. Louis, MO. I'm a long time s-f fan whose son hipped me to webcomics. Congratulations on a great story Mr. Simmons.

Mr Teufel

Post by Mr Teufel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm a forty-mumble bloke from Sydney, Oz. Been reading this comic for a fair while now. Love Sf, love Whedon, like this comic.