The Introduction Thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Dusty668

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Dusty668 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:10 am

Hiya! Just an old nurd with a jones for SF. Love the smell of mimeograph and City of Heroes/Villains. Hmm, don't have a TV cause i got tired of the carp. Get my SF from Baen books so I can read from a text file while at work.

I live in Charlotte NC USA, and not a cat person.

Digitalmaniac

Post by Digitalmaniac » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:24 am

That's okay. We won't hold any of it against you. :D
Whatever doesn't kill me better run really fast
check out my website at http://www.placesimagined.com

Froggy the Great

Post by Froggy the Great » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 am

Froggy here, Dhraakellian's 34ish y/o brother, and I've sadly started grinding my own coffee.

altasilvapuer

Post by altasilvapuer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:37 am

What took you so long to get here, Froggy? ;) Welcome to the new forums; glad to have you.

-asp
I am me; I am I.
I am alive; I am existent.
I am sentient; I am human.
I am separated; I am amalgamated.
I alone am me, but I, too, am others.
I am but me, alone with everyone together.
I am I; I am me.

Froggy the Great

Post by Froggy the Great » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:03 am

altasilvapuer wrote:What took you so long to get here, Froggy? ;) Welcome to the new forums; glad to have you.
-asp
I'd put all my lower-traffic forums into my RSS reader, and CD's old forum didn't have the option. Thus, I missed the switchover.

Star Cat

Post by Star Cat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:59 am

Hello all, I am Star Cat, real name Cathy, hence the cat thing...I found Crimson Dark via David's livejournal, because I was (net) friends with him from just slightly before he started writing this, I believe. Unfortunately having dial-up for the past eight years finally convinced me to give up entirely on the internet after struggling to keep up with everything for so long, so I only ever finished reading chapter two. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I can hardly wait to do it. I love CD wholeheartedly. The art is amazing, the characters are made of win, and the writing is witty unto near Whedon-ness. *basks* Oh, it is good to be back.

It's good to meet you all. And anyone else want to nominate fhgwhgads for funniest username ever? Oh, I love that cartoon! :lol:

DWG

Post by DWG » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:48 pm

I'm dwg (someone else having prior claim on David). Let's not get into the age thing, but I'll admit to living in the south east of the UK. I'm theoretically a software engineer, but currently trying not to be. IIRC I first checked out Crimson Dark after someone mentioned it was Whedonesque and I haven't been disappointed. As I use Daz Studio and Poser for computer art I'm just a teensy bit in awe of the workflow involved in getting a page of CD onto the screen.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Greetings and Salutations, everyone. I'm in my 40's, living in Ann Arbor, MI in the US, work in graphic-design/printing, and I've been reading this since early in Chapter 2.

SciFiGuy

Post by SciFiGuy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm Joel and I'm into Hard Science Fiction, photography, cgi, and I dabble at a home-brewed set of house rules for space combat.

I've followed CD since it first came out and have every episode/page on my external storage tank.

It's good stuff.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Guys

This is a draft I lost and found again

:sky :D
sowellca wrote:Hello All,
I am Chris. An unnaturally normal abnormal person that acts abnormally normal. What you see is not what you get, unless you choose to get what you see, in which case you'll get the normalized version of me. BTW, I am from Texas, which is really a lot like me, if you choose to look beyond what you see.
ouch - that hurt my head - but in a nice way!