The Introduction Thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Sarone

Re: The Introduction Thread

Post by Sarone » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Hey all. Nick name is Sarone, I'm a former resident of Michgan, United States, currently in the U.S. Army due to the economy. This is the third or fourth forum I have joined that is part of a webcomic and by far this offers a good balance when compared to Schlock Mercenary and the other keenspot comics among others

LostInSpaceman

Post by LostInSpaceman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Hello, I'm a definate spacey character from Saint Louis, Missouri. I just found a link to Crimson Dark at of all places, DAZ3D. Suprising since none of the characters seem to be using the DAZ figures for Poser. Love the story I've read the whole thing last night from beginning til the latest panel. My only gripe is that there are too many Jessi's used or not enough faceroom applied to them and they all look the same. (That's a Poser figure reference for those of you who didn't realise he's using Poser to render his comics.) I was relieved to start noticing the use of other figures as the comic progressed. Don't understand why there's been no use of the Poser 5 Legacy content that every Poser 6 user has a right to download for free either from SmithMicro's website or Content Paradise. The Poser 5 figures work in the face room and would add a lot more diversity to your characters.

dadman
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland (USA), in the Washington DC Greater Metro Area

Post by dadman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:01 am

Draelun wrote: OK, introductions. I'm Draelun, I live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney (Australia) and shall refrain from mentioning my age on the grounds that age is irrelevant.
Age is all in the head.

And ankles, and knees and lower back.
And this shoulder's been giving me a bit of trouble lately. ;)

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board and don't expect to post much, but I'm a fan of the story; it's scope and it's style, and wanted to see what fellow-travellers were saying about it. I'm 51, live in the Washington DC area, and will now go sit quietly in the corner.

:: waves ::
yo soy un papi

Wanttowrite

Post by Wanttowrite » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:46 am

Danial Gibson from Missouri. I'm 22, and started reading CD when it was posted over on Drunk Duck. Like
Vaegyr I Love My Chilli Hot

Morchaint

Post by Morchaint » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:29 am

well. Im back online. finally. so I thought maybe I should repost inthe intro thread. :P

hows everyeone been? its been what? most of a year or so?

its been an ok year.
job wise, its been a horrible year
and friend wise its been a good year.

hope to talk to you all soon

anemoneflynn

Post by anemoneflynn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:03 am

Long time reader, first time poster - honestly, I don't expect to have a lot of time for the forums, but I wanted to say hi. :-) I'm more of the lurking, faithful WebComics voting type.

Also, I looked up Flying Bark Productions - Dot and the Bunny was one of my absolute favorite movies growning up, I was so stoked to see that that's the company that made it!!!! Totally made my day. I hope everything works out for you, David, I've been through the construction / apartment / searching thing before, and it's not so fun.

Anemone

mangaka2170

Post by mangaka2170 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 am

Hi all! You can call me Mangaka2170 (it's nothing personal, I just don't like using my AFK name on forums). I'm in the USA, conveniently in the middle of freaking nowhere (there is a river nearby, and a couple lakes. Aside from the city, that's it).

I too am a webcomic artist (the link's in my sig) and have been following Crimson Dark since 2007 when I did my first web iteration of my comic (which will be migrating away from DrunkDuck to more commercially viable venues at the end of the year). I was searching for more sci-fi webcomics like mine and I came across this gem that has yet to disappoint in two years of reading. The stunning artwork, Whedonesque characters, witty dialogue... all are praiseworthy.
Avid reader of CD since 2007

Creator, writer, penciler, inker, colorist, letterer, editor and publisher of Frontier: 2170 (63 pages and counting! ;D)

wildthayne

Post by wildthayne » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi! I'm living on the west coast of the U.S., soaking up the rain. I'm loving CD. I hope it continues for a long time.

AaronLee

Post by AaronLee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:53 am

I'm Aaron and am beginning to get addicted to ammeteur astronomy. Except Los Angeles sky conditions aren't the most ideal. I'm an OCD hard-sci-fi police officer and write my own fiction.

fauvem

Post by fauvem » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 am

-shuffles back into the forum-
-grins sheepishly-
I forgot... So sue me!
-shuffles away from this thread-