Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
David
Site Admin

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by David » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:18 pm

Some Useless Geek wrote:I still see it as oxymoronic...
I don't think that word means what you think it means...

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

For the record, I didn't delete "Some Useless Geek's" posts, he did it himself.

JoelG

Post by JoelG » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm

First post on the forum...hope this is going to the right place. Third page of comic has a pilot in her bedroom on a warship. That's as much space as you'd give to an Admiral, not a pilot. A pilot would have enough space for a bed, a closet, and a desk, with just enough space to squeeze between. That's if she's lucky enough to not be in a bunk-bed situation, which is more likely. Also, those books sitting free on a bookshelf are really inappropriate in a warship.

Sorry, that just bugged me. Other than that, love the comic. You've gotten really good at your graphics, and your writing has always been excellent.

Fen

Post by Fen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Cliffhanger! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

~Fen

kenm

Post by kenm » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 am

Now that's a really good cliffhanger!

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 am

Heartless utterly heartlees.

A cliff hangar, what next.

Wish I had money to throw at you to work on CD full time.

Fen

Post by Fen » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:03 am

Knowles2 wrote:

Wish I had money to throw at you to work on CD full time.
Me too! Imagine - a page a day! Bliss ;)

~Fen

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:04 pm

JoelG wrote:Third page of comic has a pilot in her bedroom on a warship. That's as much space as you'd give to an Admiral, not a pilot. A pilot would have enough space for a bed, a closet, and a desk, with just enough space to squeeze between. That's if she's lucky enough to not be in a bunk-bed situation, which is more likely. Also, those books sitting free on a bookshelf are really inappropriate in a warship.
I was actually thinking about this just the other day, oddly enough, although I was coming at it mainly from the "how can they fit cabins like that in a ship that size" angle.

Any chance of deck plans, David?

(and I idly wonder if deck plans would would cause Mainman to revise the RSC Blackmore at all...)
Some pithy statement goes here.

see317

Post by see317 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Dhraakellian wrote:
JoelG wrote:Third page of comic has a pilot in her bedroom on a warship. That's as much space as you'd give to an Admiral, not a pilot. A pilot would have enough space for a bed, a closet, and a desk, with just enough space to squeeze between. That's if she's lucky enough to not be in a bunk-bed situation, which is more likely. Also, those books sitting free on a bookshelf are really inappropriate in a warship.
I was actually thinking about this just the other day, oddly enough, although I was coming at it mainly from the "how can they fit cabins like that in a ship that size" angle.

Any chance of deck plans, David?

(and I idly wonder if deck plans would would cause Mainman to revise the RSC Blackmore at all...)
Maybe they're officer's quarters, or maybe fighter pilots get preferential treatment on carriers, leaving the grease monkeys and ships crew quartered in tighter facilities while they're not fixing the fighters. I mean, they strap themselves into tin cans with rocket engines on them and race around desperately trying not to get killed while trying to kill other people. They deserve some space to stretch their legs on their off hours, right?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 am

I have just returned from vacation and got whole chapter waiting for me :)
Two comments
- nice to see some stars. Thank you!
- Great cliffhanger. I really like it. That and the fact we won't have to wait half a year to see the continuation (as it is the case with various TV series)

Edit: Regarding the control room: it looks nice but it was actually never seen in "full glory" in the chapter itself. I had an impression they are located in some rather cluttered small room.