Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Mainman

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Mainman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 pm

cbhacking wrote:
Lokekar Kra wrote:And the plot thickens... Suddenly the Cirin Alliance does not look any better than the republic. I am guessing Novosi is going to get in the way again, and where is Whisper when you need her, I am sure she can hack any system she wants to :D.
That was largely my thought too. We've already seen evidence of slimy tactics on both sides - remember the JAK from the beginning of the story - but the Alliance was looking like the more noble side for a while there.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that both sides are fighting about as dirty as they can, actually. Individuals on either side may be good people, doing what they can and refusing any truly evil orders, but morals appear to be in somewhat short supply over all...
I too would like to thank you, David, for not creating clearly-delineated 'good' and 'bad' factions. Those quickly grow stale, whereas CD's universe seems much more complex and realistic. It really makes me want to know more about the histories of the different space-nations in your 'verse.
*Enjoy the Sauce!*

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:45 pm

I like the comic, but if I may add a constructive criticism: I don't really like cpt. Novosi's hair. Fankly, on some pages (e.g. bottom of chapter 9 page 8) it looks to me more like some plastic hat rather than hair. Maybe it is too shiny, maybe it is a to thin, too sharp mesh, maybe... I don't know.... I am not an artist and definetly not a 3D modeller, just stating my impression...

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 am

CygnusX1 wrote:I like the comic, but if I may add a constructive criticism: I don't really like cpt. Novosi's hair. Fankly, on some pages (e.g. bottom of chapter 9 page 8) it looks to me more like some plastic hat rather than hair. Maybe it is too shiny, maybe it is a to thin, too sharp mesh, maybe... I don't know.... I am not an artist and definetly not a 3D modeller, just stating my impression...
I'm working on it:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crimson-D ... 1447809964

Draelun

Post by Draelun » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Yeah, Daniel definitely has 2 reflections. He might be reflecting off the front and back of the window? It looks pretty thick!
Surely its double-glazed or whatever the future equivalent is? Two layers of glass, each with a reflection. That also explains why they are close together. Yeah. David shows us he knows his universe better than us again.

Zasha_Iurii

Post by Zasha_Iurii » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:54 am

These filler pages sometimes make my day, Like today. See, I'm a Logitech support agent, And i usually read this comic at work, And its strangely funny to learn that my at-work-time-waster is in part biult using the devices I use and deal with all day.

blueboi86

Post by blueboi86 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Draelun wrote:
Yeah, Daniel definitely has 2 reflections. He might be reflecting off the front and back of the window? It looks pretty thick!
Surely its double-glazed or whatever the future equivalent is? Two layers of glass, each with a reflection. That also explains why they are close together. Yeah. David shows us he knows his universe better than us again.
It is also possible that the glass is concave

algesan

Post by algesan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:21 am

On your computing page, even in a straight line approximation, the PAD personal terminals not only will blow away a modern PC, it should make a top end mainframe look like an abacus. It was about 25 or so years ago that I had to do some fancy rewiring on circuit boards and install the hard drive (which was a big as many PC cases today) into the mini that covered an entire table. When I was finished, I had a 20M (yes, that is M for mega) hard drive on my table (which had to have rubber footie things to dampen vibrations and you better not bump the table!) and I was a god that walked the computing world.

I'd say the biggest weakness of the PAD would be its inability to call on more networked resources, but then that should be doable if it ties into a network (losing some security along the way). You could hand wave such a massively increased capability away by making them insulated and hardened so that they can be dropped, kicked, punched and exposed to nasty electromagnetic fields without even a bobble.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

David wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:I like the comic, but if I may add a constructive criticism: I don't really like cpt. Novosi's hair. Fankly, on some pages (e.g. bottom of chapter 9 page 8) it looks to me more like some plastic hat rather than hair. Maybe it is too shiny, maybe it is a to thin, too sharp mesh, maybe... I don't know.... I am not an artist and definetly not a 3D modeller, just stating my impression...
I'm working on it:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crimson-D ... 1447809964
I noticed the same but you can simply bull through with this on. After all it could be the cover of an aug and you might show her remove it :lol: or it could be a style with far to much hair jell designed to keep it out of the way of a helmet.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 pm

How likely is it that Whisper's pet is Elroy (Sara's creation). And i wander if Whisper let him go when she retrieved her belongings from the Niobe. It's possible that he will liberate the Niobe from a Crin scrapyard and return to pick up its crew in exchange for a rescue mission to rescue Sara from medical isolation. :geek:

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Samantha wrote:How likely is it that Whisper's pet is Elroy (Sara's creation). And i wander if Whisper let him go when she retrieved her belongings from the Niobe. It's possible that he will liberate the Niobe from a Crin scrapyard and return to pick up its crew in exchange for a rescue mission to rescue Sara from medical isolation. :geek:
NB: If you have no idea what Samantha is talking about then you need to sign up for the Supporter's Club and read "Grey Station" 8-)