Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Sarone

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Sarone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm thinking a certain intelligence agent left all by herself might have a hand in the dissappearance.

But that could just be a cop out.

Geo

Post by Geo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 am

Sarone wrote:I'm thinking a certain intelligence agent left all by herself might have a hand in the dissappearance.

But that could just be a cop out.
Mmm... there's another person who's intimitely familiar with Niobe's computer...

Political kourt huh? I'm betting that Whisper's download from the "deceased" marine on the late Prospero would easily outbid the "White Rim's hero is a crank" line of thought in terms of real politik.

Ilmari

Post by Ilmari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 am

Geo wrote: Political kourt huh? I'm betting that Whisper's download from the "deceased" marine on the late Prospero would easily outbid the "White Rim's hero is a crank" line of thought in terms of real politik.
Yes, but when your great people's nation is in a life and death struggle with the Evil (liberal) Empire, you might just want both. You can never have too much propaganda.

Actually, that's not true. There's at least one occurrence I can think of where the Soviets exaggerated an existing piece of dirt so farcically that in the end no one believed them at all (this was about the U.S. testing bio-weapons in the Korean War... they probably did, but not to the hilarious extreme that the Soviets falsified evidence to prove!)

Nevertheless, debunking a national hero could be great for counter-propaganda right now, especially since said hero is at the center of a recruitment campaign drive. But at the end of the day, people in states usually only listen to their own government's nonsense, even over factual claims by enemy states.

- - - - - -

-Aidan.

Geo

Post by Geo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:48 am

Ilmari wrote:Nevertheless, debunking a national hero could be great for counter-propaganda right now, especially since said hero is at the center of a recruitment campaign drive. But at the end of the day, people in states usually only listen to their own government's nonsense, even over factual claims by enemy states.
The funny part about factual claims is that the Danari government could always tell the Cirin "jakked" Kari's corpse. :lol:

tau.ceti

Post by tau.ceti » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: teeth. Ibuprofen is also a good friend. I found the generic pharmacy brands to last about 3 times longer than the nurofen brand. but YMMV. Hope you feel better soon.

Hmmm...lots of people have really decent ideas and things to say about where this is going. Me, I'm just scratching my head, being naive, and waiting for the next episode. Want to see more of Whisper though.

\m/_ (>_<) _\m/

Post by \m/_ (>_<) _\m/ » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Man I LOVE this new Updated Twice a Week thing you're doing now!!! I just had to tell you!! :lol:

I'm left wondering what kind of sneaky backhanded 'Deal' they're going to try to cut... :twisted:

Zandur of Bronte

Post by Zandur of Bronte » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:49 am

And I see I wasn't the only one to romance Tali in ME2... :) /blogpostreference

Cool stuff, man. Love seein' the regular updates.

- Z

dj_squelch
Location: Northen Saskatchewan.... it's cold here. Yes we have Moose.

Post by dj_squelch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 am

Thank you for the twice a week update! As a token of my appreciation have an aptly themed space cat:

Fen

Post by Fen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 am

Guess this update answers where Larissa is from... too bad its not marked on the map (see link) so we still don't know which side of the border it is ;-)
( http://www.davidcsimon.com/crimsondark/ ... rip_id=278 )

@David: Have you changed how you did Captain Novosi's hair? It looks different in the latest 2 strips

~Fen

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 am

Ouch. Given Vaegyr's previous protestations about the difference between privateering and piracy, that can't have been an easy decision to make.

I'm guessing, however, that losing his home to come back to after prison and taking away his wife and crew's home might just hurt more than taking on the label of Pirate.

On the other hand, this did force the Admiral's hand a little and make him spill a little more of what he's angling towards, confirming Captain Novosi's earlier statements.

Hmm... I wonder if Whisper or Daniel mentioned the whole JAK discovery to the Captain. Vaegyr might be able to use such information as a get-out-of-jail-free card, exchanging one piece of propaganda fuel for another and sparing Kari from a second propaganda spotlight.
Some pithy statement goes here.