Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
iwfish

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by iwfish » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:11 pm

I just want to reach across the table, grab the condescending ass by the ears and face plant him. Another excellent page!

mist.archon

Post by mist.archon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:19 am

Objection! Is Commander Chome-Dome testifying, or does he actually plan on proving Captain Vaegr intimidated witnesses?

I suppose the Commander's going to contend Vaegr blew up his own ship? Hopefully RASF lance-fire leaves behind a trace. Someone tampered with Niobe's logs? Hopefully whoever did it isn't a pro. If computers in the CD universe are anything like those of today, the don't really delete anything. Data gets marked as "deleted", but remains intact until its overwritten, and can be retrieved.

Eagerly awaiting the next page!

mangaka2170

Post by mangaka2170 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:11 pm

I've been following CD for a few years now and only recently joined. Fantastic artwork, as usual.
Avid reader of CD since 2007

Creator, writer, penciler, inker, colorist, letterer, editor and publisher of Frontier: 2170 (63 pages and counting! ;D)

atlas689

Post by atlas689 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I just wanted to say that I truly love your webcomic. Its really the highlight of my Mondays (and now Fridays). Your art is incredibly unique (and so to is the process that you use to create it, ive seen the youtube video) and the story....the story is alway, always amazing. Thanks so much for doing the comic AND making it twice a week. Your the best.

Sarone

Post by Sarone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 pm

Hmm. The guy interrogating Hal must not realize that getting shot and losing a leg will ruin anyone's day.

Ilmari

Post by Ilmari » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 am

Good lord, Hal's leg's off.

So the leg scenario was straight from Battlestar Galactica* - though I suppose in this universe there are better neurosurgeons to stop the pain and augmetics available to replace that kind of thing. Actually, Hal seems to be taking it rather well - though maybe he just can't be bothered swearing at his mysterious interrogator.

I would have though that as a doctor Daniel would know better than to blow someone's kneecap out...

*admittedly the BSG scenario is rather more protracted, but the same elements are there.

-Ilmari.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 am

Ilmari wrote:I would have though that as a doctor Daniel would know better than to blow someone's kneecap out...
You're assuming that Daniel actually shot what he was aiming for.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 am

Ilmari wrote:I would have though that as a doctor Daniel would know better than to blow someone's kneecap out...
Weell, the Bible is a bit fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps...
Some pithy statement goes here.

deusrache

Post by deusrache » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:11 am

I wonder to what level will Hal be openly antagonistic towards Daniel. Having your coworker shoot your leg and then amputate it doesn't really improve relations...

Although this might just show Doc actually planning ahead more than we give him credit for: afterall, with his current speed, Hal's gonna have a hard time catching him... :mrgreen:

Ilmari

Post by Ilmari » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 pm

David wrote:
You're assuming that Daniel actually shot what he was aiming for.
Fair enough. I guess given the stress of the situation he might just have fired without really looking. Of course if he was aiming for somewhere non-vital - and managed to miss at that range - then he's just a really terrible shot.