Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Fen

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Fen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 am

I'm fairly new to CD, having been introduced to it by a friend in December. Got hooked and read the entire comic in a week, twice! :D

Two things:
* I thought the cold reboot in Chapter 8 fixed the engine signature problem?
* They look like solar panels to me, and I would guess the light source is kinda upper left(ish)

~Fen

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 am

KJ_A wrote: On another note I do not think those are solar panels. The things that people often think are solar panels are in fact heat radiators. Remember a vacuum is the least efficient medium to radiate heat through. Without such radiators the crew of a ship or station would be baked alive due to all of the excess heat produced by the ship/stations systems.
Dug up some info on what I am talking about above. This is about the International Space Station but it should apply here as well.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast21mar_1.htm

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 am

In the latest page the stage seems to be set for an interesting confrontation. One that is going to require a lot of talking and thinking rather than shooting to get out of. The note at the end about the word origin of "tribunal" was enlightening. I think that you need to do a little more work on Captain Novosi hair however as it seems to be plastic looking.

tau.ceti

Post by tau.ceti » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Hope you get the supporters club up and going and hope it goes well for you. It's always terribly frustrating waiting to see what's going to happen, isn't it? Like what you doing with the characters, but really want to see more about the Dr and whisper, and how hal took his injuries etc. Argh! frustration at waiting, however updating speed is good...

Nice work on the tribunal station. Outside shots are, as always, such a high calibre.

Arv
Location: Either Ontario, Canada or a transcendental world beyond your mundane imagination

Post by Arv » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi David,

Could I put in a request for a database entry on that cool Vashnir class ship? I seem to recall you saying it would be done when chapter 9 was up, and I was really looking forward to seeing the stats and description of the ship. Otherwise, I'm sure curious about how this chapter is going to turn out... how are Vaegyr and company going to get out of this one? Awesome work as always, keep it up!

sassafras

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread [SPOILERS?]

Post by sassafras » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:58 am

Hi, David

I really like the latest page! I especially like that little smile on Whisper's face when she unlocks the door....

How long until we find out about Hal's leg, Hal's next conversation with Daniel, Daniel and Whisper's next chat ?

[POSSIBLE SPOILER - if I'm right...]

also, I kind of expect the tribunal to go badly for our intrepid Captain right up to the point where someone we know and love mentions some info they just happened upon that puts all actions in a new perspective...

I'm just sayin'...

Liberthas

Post by Liberthas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:14 am

Confirming ridiculous amounts of both awesome and win are present on the latest page.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 am

KJ_A wrote:I think that you need to do a little more work on Captain Novosi hair however as it seems to be plastic looking.
Who knows? Maybe plastic hair is all the rage these days. One never can tell with The Future.

On another note, I love the contrast between the polished interiors of the RASF facilities and the clunky grit of the CDF tribunal chamber.
Some pithy statement goes here.

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:40 am

Dhraakellian wrote:On another note, I love the contrast between the polished interiors of the RASF facilities and the clunky grit of the CDF tribunal chamber.
I had not noticed that until you pointed it out but it is interesting. It reminds me of the difference in NATO and Warsaw Pact fighter design. NATO aircraft are completely smooth all over while Soviet ones had rivets and bumps all over due to the thought that only the leading edges in contact with the airflow need have maximum aerodynamic efficiency.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Arv wrote:Could I put in a request for a database entry on that cool Vashnir class ship? I seem to recall you saying it would be done when chapter 9 was up, and I was really looking forward to seeing the stats and description of the ship.
I finally found time to get this done today, I'm sorry for the delay.

Click here.