Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Lokekar Kra

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Lokekar Kra » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:34 pm

I am not convinced that they have Niobe's interests in their plans. As far as the daimyo knows Niobe could really be a pirate ship that got its hand caught in the cookie jar. Assuredly the two warships are going to have a fight, but with their firepower whizzing around it will be less than safe for anything in the vicinity. So I am hoping the Niobe gets enough time to jump somewhere and does not wait to find out how the battle plays out. And naturally they have the ill luck to land right into the teeth of one of the ships that is hunting them. That would be a fun twist.

As for the daiymo it did appear on a nice trajectory, but I think its captain would have preferred to get an "up the kilt" shot or two off. Having the lance of the Helikaon pointing the opposite direction is a lot safer than having it point off to one side.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Arklite

Post by Arklite » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:50 pm

well, nothing quite like a rebelious rogue state's heavy cruiser jumping into the fight to save the day eh?

now personally i'm hoping for a nice bit of Dakka, space always needs some Dakka and after looking at the stats on the daimyo i'm sure we're going to get it ^_^

they've got the nebula-gague and their opponent has over turned in their eagerness to overkill poor niobe and are about to get a stripping ;)

(also, yay! new to the forum!)

Sarone

Post by Sarone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 am

WOW!!! Didn't expect so many people to start posting after me. THIS WAY COOL!

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:44 am

David wrote:It has long been established that the Cirins have exceptionally precise jump technology.
I must've forgotten that. Might be time for another archive trawl at some point.
Some pithy statement goes here.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:46 am

Dhraakellian wrote:
David wrote:It has long been established that the Cirins have exceptionally precise jump technology.
I must've forgotten that. Might be time for another archive trawl at some point.
I don't think I've had anyone articulate the point, but we've repeatedly seen Cirin ships make precision jumps (the Gerushdas in the Prologue and Chapter 1, the fleet at White-Rim in Chapter 2), not to mention the experiments witnessed in Chapter 6. They have better jump-tech.

Arklite

Post by Arklite » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:15 am

quite the advantage, easilly making up for the general weakness of thier ships in terms of firepower compared to the republic fleet. the trick however would be exploiting it in a stand up fight.

perhaps the schlock mercanary method of terraport torpedoes or launching high velocity kinetic weapons (big rocks with jump drives) would be the place to start. :)

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm going to call the Diamo as a holo-projection from the Prospero though i was under the impression that it was necessary for holograms to have something to project onto, perhaps smoke canisters were secretly launched. :)

Also i'm going to call Galgotha as the next port of call they limp into, it's the only place they know that they can get repairs and not be thrown into the brig ( assuming that the deathmark will have expired by the time they get there and they have money to pay for the repairs. They have also gathered lots of valuable information and need someone to broker its sale or revelation.

Liberthas

Post by Liberthas » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:48 pm

*dramatic music*

Also, I noticed a spelling error :shock: "territoty" instead of "territory" in panel 5.

Wanttowrite

Post by Wanttowrite » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:55 am

I guess little sister has changed since Vaegyr left.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 am

I would want to say I am surprised, but I went through the whole story start to latest page last night. So I had put together his Sis was invovled with the Cirin showing in some way.

Kinda ironic, the brother wanted to be captain in the republic navy and ended up a privateer and the sister is an intel source for the alliance. So who gets put under arrest by whom?
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost