Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
hopeless

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by hopeless » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 am

"You don't have the balls"

Oh yes he does!

I'd say that was a leg shot, hope he doesn't manage to take it entirely off!

Strange I think this time he actually deserved to get shot!

ShadowWolf81

Post by ShadowWolf81 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 am

$5 says Daniel shot him in the arse :twisted:

Photon440

Post by Photon440 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:43 pm

ShadowWolf81 wrote:$5 says Daniel shot him in the arse :twisted:
Beats a warning shot to the back of the head!

But I'm thinking he might have just shot the wall next to him...
I think better in my sleep.

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:48 pm

I am thinking the left left leg, or possible the balls area of the body, so Hal literally would not have any. :lol:

The last few pages have been great. Keep up the good work.

sassafras

Post by sassafras » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Daniel shoots first!

Sorry, Han Solo reference and not quite appropriate as Hal isn't able to shoot back.

As to where/if Hal is hit - Daniel has already professed to be a terrible shot.

I have my own thoughts on what that portends. The way I see it, Daniel misses Hal, hits something important such that they can't disengage from the theatre ship, Whisper comes through the door, the destroyer is bearing down on them, Whisper fixes the problem just as the destroyer fires and hits the theatre ship, Niobe is blasted clear, makes the jump and gets away. During these few seconds, Hal tries to kill Daniel, is restrained by Whisper who is about to kill him but Daniel says not to. Instead she tells Hal, in no uncertain terms, that if he so much as looks askew at Daniel then she'll make him her puppy for the rest of his short painful life.

I'm just sayin'...

spacebender

Post by spacebender » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 am

I just discovered CD (stumbled into one of the photoshop technique videos on YouTube) and read the entire story -- fortunately today is a holiday for me. It is absolutely top-notch; I am delighted by the artistry both visual and narrative, not to mention the humorous bits, e.g. Whisper convincing Hal to get a checkup after being patched up from a shot through the lung. I will definitely continue following the story, and am off to check out the official coffee mugs! I will certainly tell others of your splendid work!

LostInSpaceman

Post by LostInSpaceman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Mercy Machine wrote:
LostInSpaceman wrote:Would somebody kindly punch Hal in the nose for me? Please? :evil:
Or better yet, shoot him somewhere non-lethal but painful and humiliating. :twisted: And who better to do it than his doctor?
Yeah a shot to the head. It's not like he uses it or anything. :lol:

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 pm

LostInSpaceman wrote:
Mercy Machine wrote:
LostInSpaceman wrote:Would somebody kindly punch Hal in the nose for me? Please? :evil:
Or better yet, shoot him somewhere non-lethal but painful and humiliating. :twisted: And who better to do it than his doctor?
Yeah a shot to the head. It's not like he uses it or anything. :lol:
True, but he'd probably miss his balls more! ;)

Seriously though, I'm sure Dan wouldn't actually kill Hal, not short of a serious freak accident. He definitely lowers his aim before firing; for psychological purposes a gun aimed at the head is best, but for a disabling shot I'd probably go for a leg. Hal does have a point, though - if they don't disengage now, they could easily all die. Of coruse, this could easily happen even if they do.

Thinking forward on a different but related note... what are the long-term ramifications of the crew's discovery (of what happened on the Prospero) likely to be? Will their sense of honor even allow them to keep working for a government that does stuff like that? This all of course presumes that they survive the next few minutes... but it occurs to me that the whole plan to reveal Kari might partly be a sign that they don't intend to go along with the government propaganda anymore.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Those are important questions and they will be personally felt for Vae at least since his sister was involved directly. The sad part is that at the moment we do not know if this was a once in a blue moon incident or routine. If they switch sides we already know that the other side funds "terrorists" according to the propaganda. Like a real life situation the waters are by no means clear and that is part of what makes CD worth reading.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Morchaint

Post by Morchaint » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:56 am

well I am glad that the comic is still going well and strong. Ive been watching it off and on.. no internet right now. but I havent posted in a few years. hope everyone is doing ok.

laters.
~Morchaint.:geek:

Eat Dessert first, Life is uncertain.
I didn't do it, Nobody saw me do it, and you can't Prove anything! :P