Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
LeonT

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by LeonT » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:13 pm

It would seem Mr Creed has Wisdom, after all he has controller augs

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:05 am

LeonT wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:13 pm
You may be right!
We will see if he starts doing something on his own, without commander's decision. If so, things may become really interesting!

But really what is this fleet doing here in the first place!? Are they under the control of Wisdom (perhaps indirectly) as well?
Are they here to stop the Niobids and perhaps stop the transmission to spread out?

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:06 am

LeonT wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:13 pm
That would severely risk tipping their hand though. At some point the conspiracy will be impossible to hide, but I doubt we're at that stage, yet.

More worrisome is that the Niobids were expecting Saphira's help, but that fleet showed up, instead. Either Saphira set them up (which seems unlikely), or more likely there's someone on her crew who has been compromised by Wisdom.

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm inclined to agree with that. Sapphira was only recently informed of how unwise it would be to have Wisdom, so there really isn't anyone she can trust but Veygyr's ragtag bunch of hard luck cases at the moment.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:06 pm

Sapphira may yet show herself, unbeknownst of the Cirin presence here. If so, things may get really interesting... no one really wants another war, but they are being manipulated...

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:13 pm

OK. This looks promising - Bob is willing to talk and does not look that mad after the last encounter.
I wonder if he can process Kari's response and identity that she is genuinely surprised by the presence of the Cirin fleet.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Sapphira may yet show herself, unbeknownst of the Cirin presence here. If so, things may get really interesting... no one really wants another war, but they are being manipulated...
They blew up Golgotha, and have compromised multiple Syndicate shipts, I'd say that what's left of the Syndicate is already at war.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 am

NefariousDrO wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 am
CygnusX1 wrote:
They blew up Golgotha, and have compromised multiple Syndicate shipts, I'd say that what's left of the Syndicate is already at war.
But they are not at war against neither the Alliance nor the Republic. But what will happen (or what may happen) if they show up here?

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:28 am

Knowing Sapphira this is the help she promised to send :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:04 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 am
NefariousDrO wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 am
CygnusX1 wrote:
But they are not at war against neither the Alliance nor the Republic. But what will happen (or what may happen) if they show up here?
Sapphira knows that both governments are infiltrated by the Wisdom program, so at the very least she's at war with anyone compromised by it, and the Souri Collective. Given that key people in both the Alliance and the Republic (and the UTC, for that matter) clearly have been compromised, she's probably having to assume any of their ships are also hostile, unless proven otherwise.
The Syndicate ships aren't really designed to be full-on warships, so I doubt she'll want to be dragged into a full-on battle, despite the obvious power of her "Super-Marauder".