Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Aegis J Hyena

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:36 am

I kinda wanna see what Whisper looks like without her augs (not in some VR, either)...

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:27 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:36 am
I kinda wanna see what Whisper looks like without her augs (not in some VR, either)...
I don't think it is possible.
Her augs are part of her, both physically and mentally. As suggested by the current panel, the augs become part of the person and cannot be removed or replaced without killing the person - because the person becomes incomplete without them.

If you would like to see how Whisper looks "in a flesh", the way Mother Nature made her, we could ask
* How did she look before her accident
* Extrapolate her look from that period in time

the latter is something we might have already seen in VR

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu May 02, 2019 5:37 pm

It would probably be best left to a bonus page between chapters.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Fri May 03, 2019 10:39 am

Think of a cute Darth Vader with the cowl off. Maybe not so cute. Definitely with scars. Huge scars. And gaping eye holes. Weeping perhaps even. I guess skin 'aint always able to survive a burning to the bone immolation.

On reflection, I do not want to see Whisper with the Augments taken off. I like her just the way she is.

AND ... what an awesome conclusion to the story on how Humans might have made themselves some new aliens. Bonus Points to David.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:26 am

"What are we doing?"

I would try to get into the Wisdom's network without falling into their influence. For once - to learn something more about them. Otherwise - maybe to start some sort of resistance within the network? Of course, going against the Wisdom and the Collective directly is not an option, but forming an alternative course of action should be OK.

Or better yet, find a way to break the Wisdom's programming - that would be the ultimate goal. To give those people their freedom back.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Fri May 10, 2019 10:51 am

Whisper, Whisper, Whisper.

Please do not tell me you consider this to be variations of cute humour ... I know you probably do, but it's clearly just ... argh!

OK - go gettim now ok! Just head on out there and do some fining of the man who makes death chilli foodstuffs ... :mrgreen:

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 10, 2019 11:09 am

Calling it now. The next strip will be a "You didn't ask." joke.

But finally! Progress. Find one, bound to find the other. Those two are inseparable. Unless Larissa got Wisdom and Vaegyr knows full well to stay away from that...

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:09 am
Calling it now. The next strip will be a "You didn't ask." joke.
In Whisper's defense, she might have just stumbled on Larissa's wereabouts when decrypting the data.

Looking forward to see those two familiar faces again. They were gone way too long!

Scorpcow

Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Scorpcow » Sun May 19, 2019 9:22 am

i dont dislike taven but that match...for final battle...meh

you can put ospreay vs ibushi or ospreay vs gresham...

im disappointed

so what are gonna do the other kingdom members...?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:05 am

"Keeping each color on a separate layer let me adjust colours individually so I could experiment with different combinations before comitting to a palette"

My editor (Affinity Designer) has so called "global colors" that link the filling/stroke color of an object to an entry in a swatch. You can then change the color in a swatch and all objects using it have their color updated. No need for layers for that. Maybe your editor has that functionality as well, buried somewhere?