Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
CygnusX1

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 am

CorvusCorax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 pm
And floating bodies that spent the last 10minutes slowly suffoxating, with all the nice visuals, some huggibg each other, some clawing their own necks as they cant breathe...
Some still warm, hasn't been that long. Some maybe still with a chance of recovery.
Some images that might even haunt whisper.
I think Whisper is pretty resilient to that kind of images; she had no problem messing up with Jaks and other dead bodies.
However, if there was a massive fire - that may trigger her...

I have noticed, that after some discussion on this forum, that very topic appears on one of the next panels. Like - we discussed space debris as a result of space combat, and here we read about the "vintage combat" with projectiles. We discuss lack of EVA suits and here this point is addressed - maybe not in full, but it is marked. I wonder if that's David's intuition or some last-minute dialogue changes after reading the stuff here :)

CorvusCorax

Post by CorvusCorax » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 pm

CygnusX1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 am

I think Whisper is pretty resilient to that kind of images; she had no problem messing up with Jaks and other dead bodies.
However, if there was a massive fire - that may trigger her...
Smells like ... smoke from a fire. ;) You called it. Nice one!

Ok, so instead of floating suffocation victims we get floating burn victims (or parts thereof)

Or, as the colonel said, a ghost ship with a fried, dead board computer, and maybe some equally fried deckers slumped over whats left of their consoles.

Mazikeen doesn't leave witnesses to be questioned.

And having your brain hacked and then fried is probably as appealing to Whisker as being burnt alive... NOT.

I think, some last second modifications to the dialogue might be plausible, to address some stuff someone rose in the forum, but I don't think David would change the plot or visuals last second. unless there's a really gaping plot hole.

But it could also be coincidence. These things are kinda obvious if you think it through. And in Scifi you usually do think it through.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:54 pm

CygnusX1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 am
I have noticed, that after some discussion on this forum, that very topic appears on one of the next panels. Like - we discussed space debris as a result of space combat, and here we read about the "vintage combat" with projectiles. We discuss lack of EVA suits and here this point is addressed - maybe not in full, but it is marked. I wonder if that's David's intuition or some last-minute dialogue changes after reading the stuff here :)
95% of the time it's unrelated. I'm one of those writers who spends every waking hour searching for and trying to eliminate plot-holes before they happen. It's an obsession of mine, and possibly an unhealthy one.

However, every now and again I'll see someone call out something that I either hadn't thought of, or hoped wouldn't be an issue. I weigh up whether to address them in page or in news based on how it will affect the pacing of the story.

Yes, I'm still here, and I do read this thread. I love seeing your reactions and theories. Thanks for reading :)

CorvusCorax

Post by CorvusCorax » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:47 pm

David wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm one of those writers who spends every waking hour searching for and trying to eliminate plot-holes before they happen. It's an obsession of mine, and possibly an unhealthy one.
You're writing (comparatively hard) SciFi, doesn't that come with the genre?
Especially considering large parts of the audience know their science background and would so call you out if you missed something ;)

I'm enjoying this comic big time, so thanks for doing it the way you do it :-)))

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:55 pm

The Colonel wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:37 am
Still, boarding a ship with multiple hull breaches without an EVA suit does seem unwise...
Maybe not so much a having pressurised areas separated with a medium vacuum - meaning you dont really need to worry that much about pressure suits. Also, i'd think a boarding party would be armoured and weaponized, but a salvage/medical assistance party would probably not be, and then be carrying medical and repair items instead of weapons.

cpuguy1

Post by cpuguy1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:16 am

Ewww! :shock: Zero-G fly into floating blood drops.
If she is still a live, will she be graceful for saving her life? :?:

macnut

Post by macnut » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:19 am

Good question - she is an enemy combatant after all, and on the losing side. She doesn't appear to be armed, or in any shape to put up any more of a fight, but only the author knows for sure...
The MacNut
Writer and Artist of The Vanguard, a space opera superhero webcomic.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:06 am

I doubt they are alive. Not with a big chunk of metal in the heart for quite some time...
Also, if we are to trust "The Expanse" on this, wounds don't do good in 0G.
I don't know how accurate is that, but there is much attention is given to physics in other parts of the show, so...

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:42 pm

*TELEPATHY* ... is this new?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Telepathy apparently used as a term for direct communication using augs.
Perfectly fine in the bounds of science and I really like it!

I don't remember anyone using the term like this...