Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
utherkbn

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by utherkbn » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:29 pm

The Admiral makes the tough call... Bam, instant karma!? :cry:

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:05 am

utherkbn wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:29 pm
The Admiral makes the tough call... Bam, instant karma!? :cry:
Or Kari's karma. Her friends tend to die and she is already having problems with that. Even though Admiral was not her closest friend, this event is not going to help...

Iklawa

Post by Iklawa » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 pm

I think this time it's more than just bad karma. She's likely to feel some serious survivor's guilt. Novosi was in that seat because Kari didn't want to shoot the control centre. If she had been willing to take the shot, then she would be the one with a big hole in her skull.

On the other hand, I was afraid the controller was under the control of the Souri Collective and faking being independent to get them to take out the people in control centre who had figured out the controller was compromised. I'm glad I was wrong about that.

cpuguy1

Post by cpuguy1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:47 pm

CygnusX1 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:27 am
I assume dead means dead, right? You cannot plug her into some really high-tech augs to replace the portion of the brain that is gone?
That was what I was thinking just after I read Daniel's "She dead, Jim" (Sorry, ST-OS flash back). ;)
Then I thought ... DAMN, :evil: she's one of the good guys. Wanted to see more of her. She could help out a lot with her experiences.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:39 am

Iklawa wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 pm
On the other hand, I was afraid the controller was under the control of the Souri Collective and faking being independent to get them to take out the people in control centre who had figured out the controller was compromised. I'm glad I was wrong about that.
I was concerned as well, but I crossed that one out quickly - if she were compromised, she would not have to be locked out in the first place.

But we don't know how the virus spreads. She could still catch it somehow during or after the event.

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:18 pm

I say she's infected. Anyone with Controller-class augs means they're pretty much suspect, forever.

Kari called it right. Disappearing is a better option, and closing communication before she revealed anything else of value (after letting Control know Novosi was dead) was the right thing to do. But disappear *where*? I'm a little worried for Whisper, having "downloaded" stuff while with Daniel. We don't want another Sarah held as leverage.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:12 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:18 pm
Kari called it right. Disappearing is a better option, and closing communication before she revealed anything else of value (after letting Control know Novosi was dead) was the right thing to do. But disappear *where*? I'm a little worried for Whisper, having "downloaded" stuff while with Daniel. We don't want another Sarah held as leverage.
I see wisdom in that too. Even if the controller is not infected, someone else could be listening, or at least hack the recording of their communcations in the near future.

However, I am concerned about "the jump drive is giving me an error that I'm not familiar with."

Iklawa

Post by Iklawa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:40 pm

What's this hanging from a cliff in space? There's no cliffs in space!

cpuguy1

Post by cpuguy1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 am

Any one heard of 'Running Silence' :?:
Inadvertently ... but it might work.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:44 am

cpuguy1 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 am
Any one heard of 'Running Silence' :?:
Inadvertently ... but it might work.
I would be surprised if it worked... the ship is hot, leaking at least air through all its holes, it just was in combat, it was just transmitting through the radio and I am sure the enemy was already tracking it. The enemy could get confused if they flew behind the station and "glue" themselves to the outer hull of the station. But like this, way in the open? Not a chance.