Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
dragonrider33

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by dragonrider33 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:14 am

Are we ever going to see the story again? Or are you written into a corner? :( If its the latter then quit hem hawing around and take a hiatus one more of these nonsense post about some set and I'm out of here.
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 am

dragonrider33 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:14 am
Are we ever going to see the story again? Or are you written into a corner? :( If its the latter then quit hem hawing around and take a hiatus one more of these nonsense post about some set and I'm out of here.
Dude.... let David have some break! He always needs a bit of time between the chapters and he always puts a few extras at that time.
Don't be so impatient and naggy!

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:25 pm

dragonrider33 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:14 am
I always take a few weeks off from the story between chapters. As I said at the end of chapter 19:
Here ends Chapter 19, thanks for reading!

I need to take a short break before beginning Chapter 20, but there'll still be bonus pages as usual. I've been pretty stressed since starting Uni this year and need to work some stuff out before I go back into full production.

Don't worry, the story will continue soon. I couldn't bear the thought of leaving it unfinished.
Please be patient, there's a lot going on in my life and I'm only one person.

pls

Post by pls » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm

If the ring is rotating, the ship must no only thrust toward/away from the bay but must also trust sideways to match the rotation. For a bay on the inside, if the ship cuts acceleration it doesn't so much fall into the bay as the bay catches up with the ship, which gets smacked by one side wall.

http://www.bogan.ca/physics/coriolis.html touches on some of this. In a rotating environment, things done behave the way they do on a planet.

If the station where a rotating ring, the only place for ship docking would be at the center of the hub. Fortunately, with artificial gravity the ring won't be rotating.

connectr

Post by connectr » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:52 am

The level of detail involved is amazing. Now if some of the real gadgets coming on to market today were inspired by Star Trek, one wonders how much this comic will be affecting real designs of the future. Awesome!

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 am

They must make a procedural tool to make space stations, or other kind of buildings. Maybe there even is one already, who knows?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:39 am

I'm much better at promoting products in the Crimson Dark universe than I am at promoting Crimson Dark itself.
Maybe then... promote the Universe in the Real World by using the adverts from the Universe? :)
It does show the depth of your creation. It shows that it is a living, breathing world. There are many things, places, people which are not a part of the story, but form the environment that the story is placed in.

This adds immersion and is a sign of good storytelling. In contrast with that, I have seen many works where the only things created were those that mattered directly in the story. After a while the readers starts to remark on that and the world seems shallow, fake. The feeling there is that if you were placed there and just took a step off, you would find a backstage and the world made of cardboard.

Maybe take the adverts of things that are obviously not real. You want to intrigue people, but not mislead them. An advert of a spaceship might be good, but an advert on coffee - probably not :)

Take Star Citizen for example: there are many advertisements of new ships or tools given in a format as if it was advertised in their fictional world. Only at the end they mention "oh, by the way, this is part of this game".

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Mon May 14, 2018 10:39 am

Stunningly beautiful opening scene today. Stunning!

l33tninja

Post by l33tninja » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 am

I'm new here, but has there ever been discussion about how Crimson Dark needs to be made into a TV series? It is unbelievably good. I've binge-read it over the past few weeks and I love it.
"You just can't differentiate between a robot and the very best of humans"

mcarson

Post by mcarson » Thu May 17, 2018 2:21 am

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.