Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
CygnusX1

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:15 pm

The last row on the Today page (Ch16p2) - I know these are two panels, but it feels as if Sarah was talking to her-self-clone from the opposing panel. She is the dominant figurine of both panels, she makes this weird 180 turn, without looking at anything particular besides her-self-clone of the other panel.

Compare it to the first row where we have two panels with two characters looking at each other across the panels (which is a *good* composition).

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Kari may be right to some degree. The Destroyer, similarly as other Niobids, may too think that Ren/Kari destroyed the ship and are coming to respond - or are just some pesky scavengers.
But I wouldn't bet my life on it. If they are about to shoot you - you better defend yourself! :)

However, if you could talk to them, maybe you would be able to figure out what is going on. I bet on page 5 they will attempt just that (while heading towards the second pod)

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 am

Kari is absolutely right, this is getting very interesting!
But... are you absolutely sure Whisper won't hack into the computer mainframe?
I mean... Are you really absolutely sure... ?

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:03 am

I like the difference in color of the pulses from Wraith's PD turret compared to the guns of the Kestraels and as I recall Niobe. I emphasis the newer weapons the Wraith has been rearmed with.

I am also looking forward to Vaegyr and Larissa showing up as it is going to be interesting to see how they handle being displaced from the Captain and pilot positions by Kari and Ren.

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Wow! I only discovered that Crimson Dark was updating again last night, and had catch-up binge!

Comments:
1) Glad to see Admiral Novosi now has hair that looks like hair, not a rubber cap.
2) New character Ren Takagi is cute.
3) Nice to see that Kari has girlfriend.
4) Whisper is back!

*Mercy does a happy dance*

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 am

This corkscrew approach.... I tried that in Star Citizen a few times. Works against AI, but not necessairly against better human players.
But it is very easy to perform: you fire thrusters in one direction and gradually rotate, i.e. fire bottom and roll. Add some sideways perturbation to make your movement less predictable... The hard part is to stay oriented in what you are doing.

GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm

Corkscrew Approach,, that's one name for it. In very old school aerial combat that would've been a barrel roll head on pass.
Works wonders for a small target if the opponent has only bore sighted weapons with low rate of fire.
But,, will be real hairy bringing a target as large as a corvette into range of that Destroyers fast firing point defense weapons that are designed to kill even smaller faster fighters. :shock:
Hope they get lucky,, :?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:54 am

GreyWolf wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm
Corkscrew Approach,, that's one name for it. In very old school aerial combat that would've been a barrel roll head on pass.
Works wonders for a small target if the opponent has only bore sighted weapons with low rate of fire.
But,, will be real hairy bringing a target as large as a corvette into range of that Destroyers fast firing point defense weapons that are designed to kill even smaller faster fighters. :shock:
In space everything is bigger. If you take into account that the relative speed and distances are much higher in space than in old aerial combat, the corvette may be as small as a fly...

GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:54 pm

CygnusX1 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:54 am
GreyWolf wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm
In space everything is bigger. If you take into account that the relative speed and distances are much higher in space than in old aerial combat, the corvette may be as small as a fly...
I just choose to accept the corvette is going to pass the destroyer, nearby, at a closure speed low enough to visually sight with no redshift or time delay. I can do that, because I love the story this way... :-)

But,, every story, book, movie and FUN 3d space game you've ever played has more in common with a aerial combat sim with over exaggerated dimensions. Most people can live with that suspension of belief, I prefer the destroyer can see and shoot at the corvette rather than their combined sublight speeds make closure so fast both are flying blind at stretched echoes of targets that appear so much farther away.
That is a reality that is far less fun, unless you're one who enjoys griefing lag kills in a heavy bogged online game,, blindly shooting or running head first into everyone else who can't see you.. :roll:

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:51 am

Ch16p21, predicting the next page: a ship with a big hole in the center...
"Nah... it's just a scratch... we are fine.... keep flying!" :D