Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
CygnusX1

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:17 am

"How much will you pay to leave my ship in one piece?"

I had to reread this sentence several times to understand its intended meaning. Because I originally read that Daniel is supposed to pay for not destroying the ship...

besides, Hock is ridiculous at his negotiations. He doesn't know what he wants. Jumping from one demand to another...

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 am

And the Lady Cross makes an appearance - in the form of a cross no less. It is almost as though she wanted to promote the 'cross' characteristic ... Very nice, great fade and crepuscular rays surrounding the reveal. Nice work indeed.

We are definitely getting some backstory on Whisper now, and I think I am impressed at how textured and interesting this backstory will end up being. We have the story about her lighting a fire, and the deaths/damage that this induced, and the sense of guilt or shame, perhaps anger and determination for finding amends, from her background. In terms of the seeking of redemption, I am getting a bit of a sense of "dark matter" (a 3 season show in USA that I watched using nefarious means) in how this universe is further unfolding, and wonder at which way the inspiration worked. Crimson Dark got there first IMHO.

Departure_Dave

Post by Departure_Dave » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:56 pm

skythorn wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 am
And the Lady Cross makes an appearance - in the form of a cross no less. It is almost as though she wanted to promote the 'cross' characteristic ...
Alternative, she's invading a foreign datascape; there's a (very) small chance that her avatar is just T-posing ;D

utherkbn

Post by utherkbn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:53 pm

I’m seeing snakes related to Lady Justice on ‘Her’ calves?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Oh, this is going to be interesting.
Not only for the Whisper's backstory, but how Daniel is going to fit into the new situation.
He might be, for example, a bit hurt about Whisper taking the position of God.
Moreover, how Whisper's current action will unfold in view of the previous chapter, and the discussion with Kari?

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:06 am

OMG The Angel of Comeuppance? :twisted: If I had read this as I usually do right before bed I would have been awake past dawn, laughing my ass off, :lol: :lol: :lol: A tip of the hat for that one, I do fear the shiny <Oooohhh Sooooo Shiny> plastic ass may become dented and scrambled beyond repair short of a full dockside rebuilt and refit, the cost of which may be such that his mind stays forever locked in a torture chamber designed by Whisper, one she may well revisit time to time to reinforce the message, "Don't ever fuck with the one person in this Universe I Love :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: ".
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

Ganurath

Post by Ganurath » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Prediction on Hock's reaction to the Angel of Comeuppance:

"It's not plastic!"

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm

I do believe installment one in " Do NOT Fuck With The Man I Love is about to begin, Daniel is the only thing that will make Whisper stop short of killing him. However I feel much if not all of Christian Charity flows very low in Daniels veins right now, betting he will regret it later, but now he will enjoy the pain Whisper applies to his torturer. He may even tell her he loves her for always caring for and about him and kicking this slime worms ass and because she is Whisper. :D
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:19 am

What is up with the blue, or is it purple (always had difficulty telling those shades apart), color hair Whisper is sporting in the CVS projection; is this a change to her default avatar or is she just matching it to the clothes she is wearing in the sim? Even though the rest of the art style had improved vastly I happened to like the silver/platinum hair color Whisper had the first time we saw a Cognitive Visualization System used back in chapter 6.

Also looking forward to more Whisper background info.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:31 am

dragonrider33 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm
However I feel much if not all of Christian Charity flows very low in Daniels veins right now, betting he will regret it later, but now he will enjoy the pain Whisper applies to his torturer.
I wouldn't cross out Daniel's integrity just yet. He has shown over and over that he cares about his torturer's well being, despite all the pain inflicted to him. That's how I interpret his "Well crap" at the end of 19.30 for example.
I am more worried that the present situation may cause some tension between vengeful Whisper and christian Daniel. Not a long time ago Whisper wanted to take out a whole pirate ship and that caused some tension as well, remember?