Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Hypothetical

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Hypothetical » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 pm

On the notes for today...

Don't sweat the Animation internship. From the quality you've shown in CD I'd say you'll have no problems.
If life were a wheel, I would be stuck under it.

Crimson Dark...#1 Sci-Fi Webcomic.

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Lokekar Kra wrote:Those are important questions and they will be personally felt for Vae at least since his sister was involved directly. The sad part is that at the moment we do not know if this was a once in a blue moon incident or routine. If they switch sides we already know that the other side funds "terrorists" according to the propaganda. Like a real life situation the waters are by no means clear and that is part of what makes CD worth reading.
Indeed. Nothing like a fantastic story to accompany fantsatic art. There's very few things that I could ever look forward to the weekend ending for, but Crimson Dark makes the cut.

I am glad to see that it looks like Dan made the right call - they're only a moment late undocking, and Whisper made it. It may take their gunner out of commission, but I'm guessing the Navy ship has enough firepower that if it comes to an actual fight there wouldn't be any contest anyhow.

David, congratulations on the internship! They can be stressful, but in my experience they're usually fun too. They're also the best thing I've ever found for finding a job after you graduate, and it sounds like this one it right down your alley. Best of luck!

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:45 pm

I appreciate the irony (or is that appropriateness?) of Daniel being called a "goddamn saint". in this strip
Some pithy statement goes here.

sudonim

Post by sudonim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:38 pm

I hope you are enjoying the internship as much as i enjoy crimson dark...!

Keep up the good work DCS!
before you ask the pic is me singing and playing bass on a cover of for whom the bell tolls - metallica. check it in its glory on Youtube - My user ID is MHUNKY

Liberthas

Post by Liberthas » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 am

Well that isn't good.

spacebender

Post by spacebender » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 am

My favorite bit of dialog from the last few weeks, one that comes to my mind at ... trying ... moments during the day and makes me smile:

"Daniel, imagine that I have eyeballs. Now imagine them rolling up in exasperation."

LOL! Thanks as always for the outstanding narrative and visual artistry!

neutral stalker

Post by neutral stalker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:26 am

good day to you all.
firstly, i would like to congratulate david on his work in the past months, and secondly, i trust my absence has gone unnoticed?
indeed it probably has, but enough of that.
it is good to see CD updating regularly( as far as i am aware) and that the fanbase seems to have grown. well done.
For the greater good.

Anoymouse

Post by Anoymouse » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:41 pm

The term destroyer denotes a multi-function warship with roughly the same tonnage in armaments as armor. Technically that ship should have bigger guns.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Anoymouse wrote:The term destroyer denotes a multi-function warship with roughly the same tonnage in armaments as armor. Technically that ship should have bigger guns.
A destroyer is a small maneuverable warship with significant firepower capable of filling a variety of roles - the Vashnir certainly qualifies.

Besides which, you haven't seen most of its firepower in action - that ship has a heavy lance running through its spine.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 am

Glad to see that you survived the dental surgery & internship.

if you decide to rerender pannels 7 & 8 the Niobe's engines, the Prospero and the blue work lights of Helikaon can serve as lights ;)

It took me a couple of days to figure it out but i figured out how the Niobe is going to get out of this one. :) Look for the Helikaon to suffer an serious "accident" and see the vengeance of an member of a technological society. :twisted:

ps. The Vashnir class, the Bridger & possibly the Prospero needs to be added to the ship database. Arleen & Clair might need to be added to characters to. :geek: