Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
David
Site Admin

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by David » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:25 pm

skythorn wrote:Page by Page posting works well for Megatokyo ... kinda like an announcement that a page is up, and questions are free to flow.

Like 'is there only meant to be 4 picture panels in todays page - or is my browser playing up' type questions.

Wombat? Muddle Bubble Headed .. surely not our Whisper - bodacious babe from ... a very nice place IMO!
I accidentally cancelled the upload of the page, which resulted in only half of the image being loaded. It's been fixed, so you should see the entire page now.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 pm

Thanks for the reply David, I actually thought that it was a clever way of indicating 'bad stuff' as in no future for Whisper.

But this current option, shutting the door, ooh - that's a nasty one ... Bad Hal!

LostInSpaceman

Post by LostInSpaceman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 am

Would somebody kindly punch Hal in the nose for me? Please? :evil:

wildthayne

Post by wildthayne » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi David,

I've been a member for over ten minutes now, so it's about time I wrote something. I think your webcomic is completely awesome! Great graphics, great characters, great story line. I discovered your comic recently from the Serenity Tales list of Firefly references:
http://serenitytales.typepad.com/sereni ... h_eve.html

It took me some time to catch up on the reading, since I didn't have time to do everything in one sitting. Now I'll have to wait for new uploads instead of just clicking for the next page! Patience is a virtue, as Daniel may say. I've been telling my friends about CD.

I love your rants. Best wishes for college and health. I've gotta run. It's nearly 9 p.m. here and I haven't even had lunch yet! Busy day. Too busy.

I'm looking forward to many more chapters!

Cheers,
Bob
Engineer
Portland, Oregon, USA

wrecklass

Post by wrecklass » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:02 pm

I too am a new reader/fan of CD. Already ordered my coffee mug.

I must say this has been an awesome read. I've particularly enjoyed watching your art and writing evolve as the series has unfolded. Your rants are a great insight into what goes on behind the scenes for an artist. You are also an inspiration as I suffer from chronic health issues and fight every day to stick to my work. For that alone I applaud you.

Sad as I am to have to wait for the updates now, I am totally hooked, and hope with all my heart the story continues.
--
Steve

sentientcheese

Post by sentientcheese » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:23 pm

I too have just joined up. and I did it specifically to talk about this one page.

David, you had this entire joke from word one with hal, didn't you...

"Keep the pod bay door open Hal !"

I'm sorry Dave..er Dan, I can't do that.
Once is an accident, twice a coincidence.
The third time is enemy action

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:52 pm

LostInSpaceman wrote:Would somebody kindly punch Hal in the nose for me? Please? :evil:
Or better yet, shoot him somewhere non-lethal but painful and humiliating. :twisted: And who better to do it than his doctor?

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:00 pm

I love it! Though Hal is going to be as close to insufferable as possible now I bet. I guess the kiss sure broke something loose in the poor doc's head!
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Xtank5

Post by Xtank5 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 am

Mercy Machine wrote:
LostInSpaceman wrote:Would somebody kindly punch Hal in the nose for me? Please? :evil:
Or better yet, shoot him somewhere non-lethal but painful and humiliating. :twisted: And who better to do it than his doctor?
I would laugh if Doc shot Hal in the balls and then said, "Now who doesn't have the balls?" :lol:

Ozmandious

Post by Ozmandious » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:27 am

I too joined specifically for this page. I have been waiting for this joke to post for some time and it has been well worth the wait. I cannot wait for Hal's response!