Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
sherinik

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by sherinik » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:37 am

You're going to take the 'cable tv' option and leave us with a cliffhanger not knowing when the season will return, aren't you?

neutral stalker

Post by neutral stalker » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:39 am

its starting to look that way, isnt it?
maybe now i can finally finish reading Blade Runner.
For the greater good.

selenite

Post by selenite » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm

I'll miss the comic, but Real Life comes first. Take care of yourself, we'll be reading again when you're back.

Karl

WarPlayer

Post by WarPlayer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Well, drat. I guess we'll have to wait. I hope next semester is kinder to your time budget.
I'll miss CD.

Concept art. Sounds like goodness worthy of a trade, if CD ever makes the jump from purely digital to paper.

Best wishes as you work towards your goals.
Sincerely,
John Hill

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Like every one else here, I will be sad to not get my "fix" of your excellent comic, but I know you gotta take care of yourself, first. We all certainly don't begrudge you that! I do have to say though, this is by far the best of the SF comics I've found on the web, and among my favorite webcomics in general. You filled your universe with an incredible level of detail, carefully thought-out ships, and some of the most complete and complex characters you can find. For purely selfish reasons I hope that the time will come when you can spend more time on it, because not only do I enjoy it, but I think it's a great example to others of what can be done by the right artist.

dj_squelch
Location: Northen Saskatchewan.... it's cold here. Yes we have Moose.

Post by dj_squelch » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Well I've been reading for 2-3 years now. LOVE IT! Take some time, get your RL in line, that sounds good to me! However, PLEASE, please, please, come back soon :P
HAAAAAALP MEEEEE!!! i'm cold :(

DragonsHonor

Post by DragonsHonor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:19 am

BE well, take care of yourself, I for one will be here waiting to read more CD when you are able.
On another note, I LOVE the Dr. Horrible referances, I love that show.

Nessus786

Post by Nessus786 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Should we/ could we start a mailing list to find out when/if CD starts again? Good idea?

dj_squelch
Location: Northen Saskatchewan.... it's cold here. Yes we have Moose.

Post by dj_squelch » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:11 am

I was very sad when you said that the comic would be on a temporary hiatus :cry:
But these "filler" pages make me happy! :D
As long as there are filler pages to satisfy my cravings I will continue to be happy! :mrgreen:
HAAAAAALP MEEEEE!!! i'm cold :(

marieredd

Post by marieredd » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:26 am

I think one of the things I liked best about Battlestar Galactica is the same reason I liked FireFly and CD--it may be sci-fi, but it's realistic. I can believe the designs and the technology as something in the near future and possible...not like the hoverboards in Back to the Future 2. We're fast approaching 2010 with nary a hoverboard in sight. So very well done there. I like pages like this, and was pleasantly surprised by the journal pages (seconded!). I especially like it when you throw something new stylistically, like the journal pages, in there. Keeps me on my toes.

And as an aside, you're on trimesters? Well, that explains it! I'm a college administrator, and had trimesters for my own college education--I like them much better for learning, but they do have a nasty 'hell week' component that simple two-semester plans can't quite compete with. Keep at it!