Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Aegeus

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Aegeus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:09 pm

The pop-up turrets are cool, but I liked the logic behind Old!Niobe's layout. She had the guns on one side and the living quarters on the other, so she could turn broadside to use both guns while shielding her vital bits.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:09 pm

I think I prefer the pop-up turrets.
They make Niobe look benign or dangerous depending on a situation. Less obvious target/threat when needed.
Also, it will have this nice animal-like behavior of bristling.

Aegis J Hyena

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Fancy chairs are important... only because Larissa will strangle you with your own intestines BEFORE Lady Cross shows up to have fun with a new puppy instead of after, if you don't give her the best chair there is. Heh.

bobismeisbob

Post by bobismeisbob » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:38 am

Why would a spaceship, especially a spaceship that's been locked down in a hangar for most of its life, have edge wear?
For non-meta reasons if it's ever in orbit it'd pick up some since even fairly high orbit has some atmosphere and would probably have debris from other ships and orbital work and stuff.

That doesn't fix the "in a hanger" part though.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:02 pm

In hangar it may actually pick up more debris and atmosphere particles than somewhere in deep space. Every now and then, whenever you open a hatch, fire thrusters, etc you throw some dirt from within a station into space. If that space is contained within a hangar the chance this dirt hits the spaceship increases even further...

demiurgent

Post by demiurgent » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:20 pm

I think the paint wear makes complete sense -- the ship was almost certainly not built in the hanger it was drydocked in, and had also almost certainly undergone at least trials as a shakedown -- even an abbreviated one. If that means it reached and left atmosphere and then returned, that's plenty to give the paint a chance to weather a bit. Heck, depending on the nature of the paint, it's entirely possible checking paint wear patterns is part of standard trials -- if the paint's in part designed to shield against heat on reentry etc. they'd want to know if there were any glitchy points before they tried an atmosphere entry with a gap in their thermal protection during an emergency.

And all of that presumes the new Niobe was originally built on Raheti Prime. I would imagine even a short voyage from docks to berth would cause some paint wear if it involved escape velocity and jumping. (The jumping might cause paint wear even if it went from orbital shipyard to orbital berth without atmospheric fun in the first place.)

All of which is to say... unless it's sitting in its original shipyard with absolutely zero testing, there's little justification needed for paint wear.

...wow, I'm a pedant when I'm feeling ill. Man, I'm glad this comic's updating.

Emilejep

Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Emilejep » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:55 pm

i dont dislike taven but that match...for final battle...meh

you can put ospreay vs ibushi or ospreay vs gresham...

im disappointed

so what are gonna do the other kingdom members...?

connectr

Post by connectr » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:58 am

Hope you are feeling better. Your fans await your offerings.

Orlet

Post by Orlet » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Aww, as someone who's been dealing with load of crap and stress lately: it sucks, but it does help to have a date line fixed. And I wish you best of luck!

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:28 am

I am patiently awaiting the next chapter. Good luck!