Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
CygnusX1

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by CygnusX1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

I am nearly certain they will find someone. Simply, the story is much more interesting when there are more than 2 actors.

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 am

Kari better leave that suit on she may be EVA again rescuing wounded and/or unconscious people very quickly.
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Can they jump with the escape pod docked?
Niobe was able to jump with half of the ship gone, so...
Or such jump would require a lot of compute power to adjust for an extra mass on the side?

Vile

Post by Vile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:36 am

Assuming those are two fully-organic humans in there, my guess is a husband-and-wife team. If Whisper doesn't look like that on IR (i.e. limbs and all), I can't see Larissa and Vaegyr splitting up and sharing with Daniel.

Vile

Post by Vile » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:22 pm

Well now, how wrong was I?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 am

Now that is an interesting turn of events!
Normally I am not fan of cliffhangers, but I like this one! :)

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 pm

@CygnusX1: Now that is an interesting turn of events! Normally I am not fan of cliffhangers, but I like this one! :)
A. You're nuts we're hung for two weeks until we find out how well Whisper can run the ships defenses, or if they get captured. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
B. Those Fighters that were launched aren't the "Welcome Wagon" bringing fresh doughnuts and coffee, :arrow: they're the "Unwelcome Wagon" full of Hot Lasers and Torpedoes.
C. Every Senior Officer in the conspiracy knows whose private toy that is and how much Doo-Doo they're in if it gets away. :evil:
D. Ren already figured out there is a bullseye painted right where she cons the ship from and wants the hell out of there. :x :x
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:23 am

dragonrider33 wrote:
@CygnusX1: Now that is an interesting turn of events! Normally I am not fan of cliffhangers, but I like this one! :)
A. You're nuts we're hung for two weeks until we find out how well Whisper can run the ships defenses, or if they get captured. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
B. Those Fighters that were launched aren't the "Welcome Wagon" bringing fresh doughnuts and coffee, :arrow: they're the "Unwelcome Wagon" full of Hot Lasers and Torpedoes.
C. Every Senior Officer in the conspiracy knows whose private toy that is and how much Doo-Doo they're in if it gets away. :evil:
D. Ren already figured out there is a bullseye painted right where she cons the ship from and wants the hell out of there. :x :x
[/quote]

Most cliffhangers are "you are about to die". Or everyone is incapacitated. Or similar. And the next chapter/season/etc. some miracle happens preventing that from happening.
In contrast to that, here our crew is threatened - yes - but the danger is not yet immediate. Their ship is not yet surrounded by the enemy, engines disabled, enemies on-board etc. They have options.
We may speculate what they are going to do. We may speculate what all that new information that was revealed in the last page means. It is a good break to think about stuff.
That is why I like this cliffhanger much more than those point-blank death cliffhangers.

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:36 am

I noticed with Niobe, the Cortes class Frigate, the Anchor ship, and now with the Wraith that all of them only have one point defense turret, why is that? Space being a fully three dimensional environment I would expect ships to have a minimum of two PD turrets on opposite sides of the hull in order to cover all possible attack vectors.

Secondly, does the Wraith have a hanger like Niobe did?

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:01 am

KJ_A wrote:I noticed with Niobe, the Cortes class Frigate, the Anchor ship, and now with the Wraith that all of them only have one point defense turret, why is that? Space being a fully three dimensional environment I would expect ships to have a minimum of two PD turrets on opposite sides of the hull in order to cover all possible attack vectors.
Realistically, rotating a ship is much "cheaper" than moving from point A to B. Unless the enemy drops right onto you, you should be able to rotate your ship in a way that your turret is facing them and blow it up before they get passed you into a dead zone.
In this Universe however, we have seen that being unnoticed or avoiding enemy fire is a thing; and rotating a ship quickly is not easy for some - in which case I would expect more turrets.
KJ_A wrote:Secondly, does the Wraith have a hanger like Niobe did?
If there was one, I would expect Ren to use that instead of the airlock to capture Kari - bigger opening, higher chance of success.