Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
dragonrider33

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by dragonrider33 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:22 pm

Cliffhanger just got steeper, we know that there is no way that borrowed ship is gonna last more than the next three pages, Kari is gonna have to Get back on board the damaged ship so she can get Ren into an EVA Suit and lifepod so she can get back to sound the alarm for a rescue that ain't gonna be mounted. The mission was off the books so paraphrasing immortal words of the original Mission Impossible narrator, "Should you accept this mission and be Killed or captured Ms. Kari The Alliance will disavow all knowledge of your existence." :(
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:30 pm

I still hold with my previous post, pailfuls of Bovine After Product are about to hit the osculating air distribution device. It seems Ren doesn't know that Kari is terrified of the dark of space even more reason for her to have the light sources you show. Even if they really would nor be effective in real world.

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:12 am

I will extend my thoughts on the destruction of the ship by two more pages to the original three, the plot development is not moving as quickly as I thought. That hulk she about to enter looks like one creepy haunted house.

>>>HEY<<< where is everyone?? :?: :?: :?:

Vile

Post by Vile » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm here! I like this slow build-up, if you can call a webcomic that updates several times a week "slow".

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:56 pm

Answers time! I apologise for my silence. I've been working hard, and I wanted to get some key story points out there before I answered too many questions :)
KJ_A wrote:Crimson Dark has shown a number of space stations but given the revelation of Spacer Syndrome it made me wonder if there are any large scale space habitats like an O'Neill Cylinder or a Stanford Torus where a spacer could find open terrain?
There are, though not quite on that scale, and not in Cirin or Darani space. Kari's visited a few parks/arboretums, but that's it.
weyrman wrote:Ouch! It must have hurt to draw that beautiful ship as a wreck :(
Ehh, kind of. Honestly, while it took a lot of time and effort to build, I was never 100% happy with the Scar, so I'm happy to move on :)
CygnusX1 wrote:Also, with the ship destroyed, maybe we will see a refitted/fixed Niobe again? ;)
Sorry, but the original Niobe is officially gone.
Sarone wrote:I just hope CD doesn't become Game of Thrones.
FWIW, I haven't seen past the first season of Game of Thrones, because I decided that it just wasn't my kind of story.
dragonrider33 wrote:Did I mention neither is EVA qualified and as someone just pointed out the Tangos may well be waiting for them.
They're both EVA qualified, it's standard for all armed space forces, but neither are experienced.

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:43 pm

Good to see you back. Enjoying the comic now that it's back and going strong again.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:35 am

Vile wrote:I'm here! I like this slow build-up, if you can call a webcomic that updates several times a week "slow".
I enjoy that too!
I prefer interesting plot and intelligent discussions more than just pew-pew bang-bang over and over...

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:28 am

I just wanted to add: I like the shots from varying angles on the current page (Ch15p18).
It gives the feeling that there is no gravity present on the ship. I presume Kari is using some mag-boots or similar technology?

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:58 pm

A> Self destruct just activated B> Big assed enemy ship or fleet just showed up. :(

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:04 am

She learned that the life pods are in some kind of danger?

Yeah, but big enemy ship is most likely what is happening. The question is - how good is the stealth mode?
Maybe they just want to finish/destroy the debris to clear out their tracks/evidence/etc., in which case Kari is in more danger than Ren.