Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
stads

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by stads » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:48 pm

nice page like the spread of destruction and the general look off it

on the other hand sniff really liked the look of that ship did ya have to blow it up ?

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:31 am

stads wrote:nice page like the spread of destruction and the general look off it

on the other hand sniff really liked the look of that ship did ya have to blow it up ?

Of course how else would you get Kari out of her "Oh Woe Is Me" theme and back on the warpath for vengeance. She and Ren will probably be in a major dogfight soon and if they win bet they rescue her former crew. Betting they were boarded and captured, that looks like internal explosion rather than ship to ship. The destruction would have been more complete from a ship killer missile.
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 am

dragonrider33 wrote:Of course how else would you get Kari out of her "Oh Woe Is Me" theme and back on the warpath for vengeance. She and Ren will probably be in a major dogfight soon and if they win bet they rescue her former crew. Betting they were boarded and captured, that looks like internal explosion rather than ship to ship. The destruction would have been more complete from a ship killer missile.
Yeah, they should really get ready for a fight. Whoever destroyed that ship in this particular, seemingly random spot in space knew a meeting was scheduled here.

I wouldn't cross out a ship-to-ship battle though. If the ship was cut by a lancer or Gauss cannon rather than a missile explosion, some bigger pieces may still be intact.

If I was them I would keep the jump engines hot!

weyrman

Post by weyrman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Ouch! It must have hurt to draw that beautiful ship as a wreck :(

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 am

CygnusX1 wrote:
dragonrider33 wrote:Of course how else would you get Kari out of her "Oh Woe Is Me" theme and back on the warpath for vengeance. She and Ren will probably be in a major dogfight soon and if they win bet they rescue her former crew. Betting they were boarded and captured, that looks like internal explosion rather than ship to ship. The destruction would have been more complete from a ship killer missile.
Yeah, they should really get ready for a fight. Whoever destroyed that ship in this particular, seemingly random spot in space knew a meeting was scheduled here.

I wouldn't cross out a ship-to-ship battle though. If the ship was cut by a lancer or Gauss cannon rather than a missile explosion, some bigger pieces may still be intact.

If I was them I would keep the jump engines hot!
Still betting on Boarding and capture. They have a higher price on their heads alive than they do dead, and dead is hard to prove even with a blown up ship. :twisted:

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:45 am

dragonrider33 wrote:Still betting on Boarding and capture. They have a higher price on their heads alive than they do dead, and dead is hard to prove even with a blown up ship. :twisted:
If boarding was successful - why destroying a perfectly good ship afterwards?
Unless it were the defenders who triggered an autodestruction or something...

If the crew had some critical data that the attackers wanted to make sure that would never reach anyone then killing may actually be the best option to ensure that. And destroying the ship with all stored data in it.

Of course, I hope that is not all the story and somehow they managed to stay alive.

Also, with the ship destroyed, maybe we will see a refitted/fixed Niobe again? ;)

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:26 am

We know one person it wasn't, our recently departed sleazeball Hall. However he may have set it up. Unless they board the wreckage they wont know what is on the computers hard drives and neither one is, as far as I know, EVA qualified.

Sarone

Post by Sarone » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:39 pm

I just hope CD doesn't become Game of Thrones.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:13 pm

They focus so much on search & (possibly) rescue, but they really should also remember that some hostile forces may still be around.
What if Kari gets out and Ren gets attacked and is forced to retreat?

I don't think there is any connection to Hal (even remotely indirect). That encounter was an accident. It would take an enourmous amount of effort to get all the pieces there, and the end result was still uncertain.
Story-wise, I think that event was merely to highlight Ren as a new main character (and permanently cross out an old one).

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:16 am

Did I mention neither is EVA qualified and as someone just pointed out the Tangos may well be waiting for them. Ren won't retreat from her girlfriend so both may end up as prisoners, we know our heroine won't die or the story would end however this one hell of a holiday cliffhanger.