Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Entimix

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Entimix » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 am

Mason's Marauders vs. MMFEC, eh? Call me a Renegade if you will, but I say we deploy the Thumpers and stay alert for a Sharky surprise. They'll be Vanquished yet! 8-)

Vile

Post by Vile » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Yeah, so you've got a corvette. But who's gonna fly it, kid? You? :mrgreen:

stads

Post by stads » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 am

why do i get the feeling she is only gone get a small bit of wing back from that ship

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:48 am

@Stads: Optimist

Lets see striking a superior ranking officer, conduct unbecoming an officer, accessing communications from a hostile government, Ren is building up a list of Court Martial offenses faster than a speeding bullet. She doesn't realize or care that Kari is trying to protect someone she obviously has deep feelings for, this meeting could go, further, sideways very quickly.
Kill'em All; Let Odin Sort It Out

arthurh3535

Post by arthurh3535 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:35 am

202cm? I had to double check that, because a tiny bit over 6 feet wouldn't be a very usable ship. (Sorry for my reading comprehension failure. Centimeters don't Grok to me right at first. Now meters I could have worked with.)

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:53 am

Are you talking about the early under Mk1 with the Rolls-Merlin engines with a single stage supercharger or the later with the two stage superchargers? The Rolls-Merlin with the two stage supercharger with the barometric switch were designed and built here in the U.S. by Allison Mfg in Speedway, IN the Superchargers were a joint project with Allison and Borg-Warner in Indianapolis IN. Originally for the P51 Mustang so it could climb above 50,000 ft they were retro fitted in many of the Spitfires and served well until they were phased out by the Rolls-Griffon engine models. Theoretically the P51E had a ceiling of 100,000 feet but practicality limited them to a 70,000 foot ceiling. With those superchargers they could get up and play with the big boys, the bombers, both as CAP for ours and knock out punches for German Air. Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring is quoted as saying, We have lost the war when he first saw P51's over Berlin. Guess I got carried away there, what is your opinion of the de Havilland Mosquito? Two supercharged Rolls-Merlins, wood frame, fabric and varnish skin. The "Wooden Wonder" all engines cameras and a couple bombs no guns for defense, those took guts to fly.

Vile

Post by Vile » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Mozzies were a cinch and a joy to fly, by all accounts. You couldn't catch the buggers, and the RAF had the good sense to fly their bombing missions at night. About half the bomb load and three-quarters the range of a B17, but probably easier to build and crew than half a B17.

Wait, what are we talking about? :P

I hope they enjoy their holiday, because I estimate it will last precisely until they re-enter normal space. :twisted:

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Why do I get the feeling Ren's the type who would take a Hitachi wand apart to see how it worked rather than use it. :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:13 am

Crimson Dark has shown a number of space stations but given the revelation of Spacer Syndrome it made me wonder if there are any large scale space habitats like an O'Neill Cylinder or a Stanford Torus where a spacer could find open terrain?

dragonrider33

Post by dragonrider33 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Gee, Does Ren think she is meeting "Mommy and Daddy" and needs their approval to date their, "Daughter". Doubt she will get the standard, have her home by 11PM and if you get her pregnant you will never be able to make more babies speech. :) :twisted: :)