Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Knowles2

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Knowles2 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Here's to your future, and hoping you get rich and famous enough to be able to kick back and render some more pages sometime!
Personally I am hoping he get rich and famous enough to be able to produce his own game, TV show and Film franchise. :D

allikat

Post by allikat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:28 am

So long, and thanks for all the fission :)

Here's to hoping there will be a printed collection of volume one, and a second volume sometime.

Harridan

Post by Harridan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 pm

David,

I'm following your comic for years now and I'm happy that you've earned so much success with it.

I wish you all the best for job and location and hope that all comes true as you anticipate it.

Cheers,

Harridan
(from Germany)

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks for the great comic, I'm gonna miss your fantastic story, art, and characters, but I'm so glad you're launching into what sounds like your dream job. Good luck to you, and thanks again!

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:26 am

I just want to add my tiny "thank you" too...
really, really enjoyed reading your work!

Vile

Post by Vile » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:43 pm

allikat wrote:Here's to hoping there will be a printed collection of volume one.
Failing that, what are the chances of producing a PDF version? I'd pay for that, even though I can look at the online version for free. DriveThru Comics for example.

spacebender

Post by spacebender » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 am

David, thank you so much for the extravagant labors of love we have been privileged to enjoy over the years, watching along with the unfolding of an amazing work of story-telling, the steady advancement of your considerable talent expressed in continual innovations of amazing technique. It has been an absolute delight for me, and I echo the wishes so many others have expressed here for contnued success in all your endeavors.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:34 pm

I didn't say it before, but it deserves saying as well, David. I do my own 3D Science Fiction artwork, geared heavily towards near-future and hard-SF styles. Your work on this comic wasn't just an inspiration to me, I learned a great deal from studying the ships, the extras you put in on how you made the comic, and the tutorials you posted on Youtube. You made me a better artist, and while I'm nowhere near the level you are, I still wanted to say thanks, I suspect you've taught a good many of us how to be a bit better at what we do.

spacebender

Post by spacebender » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:27 pm

That is so very true, and David, the influence of your generously shared knowledge can show up in unexpected places. I have used tidbits of your cloud explosion technique in generating interesting cloud backgrounds for liquid propulsion rocket engine sensors and other electrical components in figures I process for my hardware analysis and other reports (aging studies, failure investigations, design changes, system performance studies, etc.). These techniques add a lot in that context because aesthetic images invite greater engagement and therefore better absorption of information for the reader. And I'm certain there are many other stories like that represented in the community here that has been enjoying and following your work. Again, thank you for enriching our lives!

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Mon May 14, 2012 11:05 pm

It lives!!

I'd reduced myself to checking CD only once a week, and not even always that... but I'm glad I didn't drop it altogether. I'm not a 3D artist myself, so it's difficult to relate to the effort of what you produced, but the actual result is flat-out incredible, and painstaking effort you put into making it Just Right is obvious, and appreciated.