Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Knowles2

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Knowles2 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:59 pm

So the reinforcements are coming, finally, cant the bad guys win just once .

So anyone one got any ideas on who they will turn out to be.

An I wonder how many other mercenary ships will suddenly show up once the cirins look like they are winning the battle.

charles

Post by charles » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:15 pm

I think the best bet is the Nayardeen Ward. Not sure how powerful their ships are but apparently they all look quite similar to the N'Derix freighter and Lendao corvettes. However it was noted that they are significantly smaller than both the Citin Alliance and the Republic of Daranir, so I find it hard to imagine that they would have warships any more powerful. But maybe they have an advantage in weapons technology or something. Or maybe they have bombers with more powerful payloads, or something that would crack the UTC armour.

An alternate options would be another group/faction of the Cirin Defence Force. So another Admiral with a heap of powerful ships.

A farfetched option would be the Creer Syndicate with a heap of corvette size ships that'd be largely ineffectual (unless they're as powered up as the Scarborough, which id doubtful).

An even more farfetched option would be the Souri Collective. The Daranir reported that they had been in isolation from anyone and everyone for over 200 years, but a ship had been sighted a few times in the Darani territory recently and just because the Darani haven't been in contact doesn't mean the Cirin's haven't. A single Souri Behemoth ship should demolish the UTC ships without breaking a sweat if size matters at all... I bet those ships have bloody Lances on turrets *LOL*

P.S. @David: don't forget the Paul Hogan show :roll:, but if you really want to take a bit of Aussie with you, you can't go past the Leyland Brothers (one of their shows has the best instructions for cooking damper I've seen).

P.P.S THE GIRL FROM TOMORROW!!!
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

allikat

Post by allikat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 pm

David:
Get yourself an Aussie VPN server space to let you use all those fun TV streaming channels they surely have over there.

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:07 am

I would love to see the Souri collective arrive, as they are the most mysterious group we have, and well one of there battleships could wipe the floor with the UTC, the Cirins and the Darrani fleet without breaking out into a sweat. An why have such powerful vessels if you not going to use them.

It probably the Ward, perhaps there military have been secretly building up there military forces. Through the admiral is in deep shit if it is the rest of the Darrani fleet returning to assist the fleet in taking out the cirins.

Clockwish

Post by Clockwish » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:26 am

For stuff to take to Texas, I suggest "Stairways to Heaven" -- multiple versions of "Stairway to Heaven", from Andrew Denton's show "The Money or the Gun". There's a CD version (I have it). There was a VHS version, which had 3 more performances and would be even better for freaking out Americans, but I don't think the ABC ever released it on DVD.

Thanks for Crimson Dark, and best wishes for the new job. My current policy of never buying Star-Wars-related games may have to change!

Fen

Post by Fen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:47 pm

I just love that Whisper puts her hand up!!!

Hope all your move prep is going well David :-)

~Fen

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:13 pm

So suicide run it is then. If and when those reinforcements arrive we will probably get some last minute evasive action.

The Cirins flag ship can take one hell of a beating through. They are going to need than a bit polish to get those dents out.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 pm

"The foreward hull is just crew quarters and recreation anyway"

But to me, from the last panel, it looks as a huge, empty storage room taking all decks together...
Is Milowka a heavy-armored cargo ship? :)

algesan

Post by algesan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Well, they can refit it as one after having all the firepower knock out the interior wals...

charles

Post by charles » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:21 pm

CygnusX1 wrote:"The foreward hull is just crew quarters and recreation anyway"

But to me, from the last panel, it looks as a huge, empty storage room taking all decks together...
Is Milowka a heavy-armored cargo ship? :)
It's likely that David simply didn't go to that level of detail. But also remember that most modern skyscrapers (and even a fair few older ones) are very much bare-bone structures when you take out all the "fluff" and leave only the support structure. Take the old World Trade Center for instance. Its support structure was only the frames of the outer walls while all the floors were relatively flimsy spaceframe type material. Its likely that once the Lances penetrated the hull, they would have obliterated all the "fluff" of partition walls and spaceframe floors/roofs or the decompression blew it all out into space, leaving only the support structure and bulkheads.

I'm not sure if Novosi plans to go down with the ship or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're capable of all getting into the escape pods and the controller issuing the final commands to ram the UTC light cruiser by Wireless interface. Maybe even a few course adjustments after they've left the ship, depending on the range.

Brave but also smart move by Novosi here though. You can't let the enemy walk away from a fight like this with a complete victory having only lost fighters and taken damage to capitals but lost none of them. You do that and you leave the enemy confident and your own nation disheartened. You also can't let the enemy get a hold of your nation's greatest and most secretive warship model so they can work out the strengths and weaknesses together with reverse engineering some of the areas that you're technologically supperior in (jump technology in the Cirin's case).

If you never surrender and make sure that the enemy loose their primary ship despite your own life and ships... then you make sure that the enemy stays reluctant to fight you aggressively, even if they know victory is a sure thing.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56