Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Knowles2

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Knowles2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:19 pm

...another nasty thought... Bring the "bridger" out of the cloud and as close as it can get. Then have it fire off an emp pulse with your crew ready for it to take advantage of the extra 30 seconds it might take the UTC and Daranir to recover their ships. Thats 30 seconds they'd be without defence, maneuverability and thrust to keep out of the vector of those lances... Nasty.
That is a possibility. But if that what they planning it would make sense to keep the mercenaries out of range of the EMP and have them come in hot on the temporary disable vessels.

Calling in the Mercenaries fleet does not make much sense if that there plan. As they are more likely to be more vulerable to the EMP and have less experience people to repair the damage it does. Thus leaving to be either taken out the fighters, which are bound to be base all around the planet, or by the UTC once they rebooted there systems.

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

David wrote:
Dhraakellian wrote:
Fen wrote:I want to know what's brewing now :?
"Something is coming."
Okay, the "something" is a little closer to reality now. I still don't want to be specific, because it still might not happen, but I think in all fairness I need to tell you guys a few things:

1. It isn't related to Crimson Dark
2. It would be very very good news for me
3. However, it would have a negative affect on my ability to create Crimson Dark

I know, that's not really what you want to hear. I think it's better to give some warning in advance than to drop the news on you out of the blue. As soon as I know for certain, either way, you'll know.
If it does effect Crimson dark productions. I hope you will at least finish of the current story, even it text only.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Knowles2 wrote:
David wrote:If it does effect Crimson dark productions. I hope you will at least finish of the current story, even it text only.
Oh yes, I have a story to tell and it will be told. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you :)

charles

Post by charles » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Knowles2 wrote:
...another nasty thought... Bring the "bridger" out of the cloud and as close as it can get. Then have it fire off an emp pulse with your crew ready for it to take advantage of the extra 30 seconds it might take the UTC and Daranir to recover their ships. Thats 30 seconds they'd be without defence, maneuverability and thrust to keep out of the vector of those lances... Nasty.
That is a possibility. But if that what they planning it would make sense to keep the mercenaries out of range of the EMP and have them come in hot on the temporary disable vessels.

Calling in the Mercenaries fleet does not make much sense if that there plan. As they are more likely to be more vulerable to the EMP and have less experience people to repair the damage it does. Thus leaving to be either taken out the fighters, which are bound to be base all around the planet, or by the UTC once they rebooted there systems.
Well... As Novosi has stated now, they're not really expecting any Mercs to show up. Hell, Vaegyr was more convinced that there would be more Mercs showing up than her (but then he's showing up so maybe thats hopeful on his part). Really though, its doubtful they'd do it. You would think that if EMP pulses were really an effective weapon, that they'd have a ship or two around to do just that and shield themselves from such things. Niobe was old as well, so its easily possible to imagine that newer ships are shielded, or have automated engine starts rather than the manual one Niobe had.

@David: Well, good luck with whatever it is. Sounds like some exciting work opportunities. Hopefully you can share some news with us, someday, that a studio wants to pickup Crimson dark and run it as a series. :ugeek:
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

Fen

Post by Fen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 pm

On my computer, the two panels for today's page are named "boom" and "more boom".
Hehehe I like that! :lol:

Booooooom!

~Fen

Geo

Post by Geo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Wondering when the big "bang" will come. :lol:

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Geo wrote:Wondering when the big "bang" will come. :lol:
Sounds like they're trying to lure the enemy forces into a trap... but even when they work, traps often mean sacraficing the bait. No guarantee that it'll work, either - even if everything goes right on their end (never happens in anything like this), those other ships (outnumbered or not) really may just be too powerful. I suspect the Niobids (Scarians?) are going to be earning their pay... but no guarantee if there will be anybody around to pay them afterward!

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Odd seeing Scimitars as the enemy, but... I'm nto sure what his motives are, but given that the Cirins are definitely prepping a trap of some kind, this refueling stop may just save his bacon.

Ah, I love this story. Even the side characters with at-best dubious alignment to the main characters are cool and it's fun to pick apart what they're thinking.

charles

Post by charles » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Hmm, there are a few more Daranir ships than I thought at first. A Vashnir and two Taratanes. The Vashnir has a lance, so that could be troublesome. So the Novosi's Sparrow is the prime target and the arrogance of both the Daranir and UTC are leading them to charge in after it... and she's making herself an even more juicy target to ensure it.

I'm still thinking maneuverability must come into play here. Thats the forte of the Cirin's capital ships. We saw the perfect example of it in when Novosi minced up that Vashnir with the Heavy Cruiser's maneuverability. But I'm struggling to see how they can use it here.

Best I can guess is that they're waiting for the Daranir and UTC to reach significant acceleration/velocity and then they'll shoot after them as well and swing around to hit the ship's more vulnerable rears when the UTC overshoot them.

And don't worry about the delays David, I've been putting up with distractions as well

Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

Fen

Post by Fen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Congratulations Charles! :lol:

~Fen