Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Kahn_Iceay
Location: The beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head.

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Kahn_Iceay » Tue May 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Greasel_burger wrote:
Ten points* to the first person in the forum who identifies what ship these characters are on.

* points are like Steam Achievements or an X-Box Gamerscore: Utterly meaningless.
Sparrow class carrier

I win :D
Knew someone'd be me to it. Knew it was the Sparrow when I saw the (for lack of a better term) Master Systems Display.

Vile

Post by Vile » Tue May 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Aw, this had to happen on a busy day at the office ... I knew it was a sparrow right away! :ugeek:

charles

Post by charles » Tue May 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I love how there's always such a significant contrast between the Cirin and Darani decor and design.

The Cirin tends towards the obvious Russian stereotype of undecorated, dark, functional with an almost steampunk feel while the Daranir lean towards the U.S. stereotype of prestine, well lit with a well cut and polished feel almost like a hospital crossed with a church.

I remember my Grandad (a Scottish Engineer for the coal mines) commenting that they once asked a U.S. and a Russian company to provide a design for a car system that would go up and down a steep mine shaft. The U.S. company designed it as close to their estimates of exactly what power was needed with all sorts of little bells and whistles added in, but there was no room for error and it would constantly break with small problems in it's complex and delecate design. The Russian company just slapped together some monstrosity with about 3 times the power they roughly estimated to be required and it worked like a charm, performing the job effortlessly.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Fri May 27, 2011 9:35 am

I caught the Sparrow class carrier on my second glance. I may not be in the supporters club but I also remember the character Stardust as Kari's wing commander from chapter 2 page's 18 and 19. So far that is a known pilot and possibly the same Sparrow that was at White-Rim. The thing that has me looking forward to the next chapter is to see if the Sirius, the carrier Kari was flying off of at White-rim, will be be at Farhaven. Also glancing back at the end of chapter 11 I noticed the news report about the United Terran Coalition saying they would take action. I am thinking may be who the Cirin Alliance fleet was waiting Admiral Novois was waiting for.

javcs

Post by javcs » Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 pm

KJ_A wrote:I caught the Sparrow class carrier on my second glance. I may not be in the supporters club but I also remember the character Stardust as Kari's wing commander from chapter 2 page's 18 and 19. So far that is a known pilot and possibly the same Sparrow that was at White-Rim. The thing that has me looking forward to the next chapter is to see if the Sirius, the carrier Kari was flying off of at White-rim, will be be at Farhaven. Also glancing back at the end of chapter 11 I noticed the news report about the United Terran Coalition saying they would take action. I am thinking may be who the Cirin Alliance fleet was waiting Admiral Novois was waiting for.
The RAF pilots said they were attached to the R.S. Sirius(panel 5 of 12:11), so I'd suspect that the Sirius is around somewhere, not too far away.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:10 pm

I really like how the sun illuminates the bridge and brightenens everything up :)
Not everything is dark and gloomy... like this contrast.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Fri May 27, 2011 6:01 pm

But what's that glow on the planet?
Some pithy statement goes here.

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:41 am

Dhraakellian wrote:But what's that glow on the planet?
Trouble.

Did not spot it when I read the page the first time. It could be a hunter killer but it unlike any crimson dark ship technology we have seen before if that the case.

KJ_A

Post by KJ_A » Sat May 28, 2011 2:49 am

javcs wrote:The RAF pilots said they were attached to the R.S. Sirius(panel 5 of 12:11), so I'd suspect that the Sirius is around somewhere, not too far away.
Thanks javcs I don't know how I missed that. I am hopeing for a rematch of all the players from White-Rim Except with Kari on the opposite side.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:26 am

I think that glow is merely the reflection of the nearby star.
I am not sure though if it should look like that. I'll leave it to the experts... :)