Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Knowles2

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Knowles2 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Looking forward to the fun stuff, explosions, lasers, missiles. Dog fights.

An anyone else think that Kari is going to encounter a old friend among the Republic fleets. She does not seem happy about opening fire on her former colleagues.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat May 21, 2011 12:12 am

Of course, now that you've described the plan in exacting detail, something has to go horribly horribly wrong. My money is that the HK net turns out to be far deadlier than we expected. It would fit with the Republic's pattern of using scary AIs for all their dirty work.

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:27 am

Of cause it all going to go wrong, it would not be our crew if they pull of the plan perfectly. :lol:

But this smells like a trap, sound like a trap, and look like a trap to me. It already been hinted the Derani military was struggling to rebuild after White rim, If the plans to free Farhaven fail they would probably have no choice but to go to the negotiations tables.

An even worst is that the RAFS got a secrete weapon that we the audience and I am guesting our motley crew know nothing about. Our crew is in for a whole heap of trouble.

An I got a feeling the Scar will get more than few scars on her lovely hull before the battle is over.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Sat May 21, 2011 11:01 am

I somewhat suspect that one of the "gone horribly wrong" elements will be Kari's PTSD acting up when she has to fire on RASF fighters and their pilots.
Some pithy statement goes here.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:37 am

Something has to go wrong :)
But I think it will be more human oriented (bad decission, surprising appearance of someone, etc...) rather than technological (e.g. new battleship or weapon)
They already mentioned nebula and their effect on sensors.
They mentioned a nebula. But did they mention that there is one nearby?

Having such a strategically dangereous nebula nearby would ask for some constant sweap of the area.
And even if you suddenly notice a bunch of rocks, all in parallel course towards the planet, you will still suspect something.
Last edited by CygnusX1 on Sun May 22, 2011 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vile

Post by Vile » Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Everywhere in CD has a nebula nearby. Otherwise the background would look boring. :mrgreen:

Greasel_burger

Post by Greasel_burger » Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Ten points* to the first person in the forum who identifies what ship these characters are on.

* points are like Steam Achievements or an X-Box Gamerscore: Utterly meaningless.
Sparrow class carrier

I win :D

Fen

Post by Fen » Mon May 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Greasel_burger wrote:
Ten points* to the first person in the forum who identifies what ship these characters are on.

* points are like Steam Achievements or an X-Box Gamerscore: Utterly meaningless.
Sparrow class carrier

I win :D
Well spotted! (I like that you joined the forums just to post that!) :lol:

~Fen

charles

Post by charles » Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm

One of the interesting things seems to be that they have what could be a controller who isn't plugged in but using wireless and observing/manipulating a screen. Then again, maybe the real controller is elsewhere in the ship and the girl with the TRON sort of outfit is managing co-ordination of the fleet.

I wonder who they were expecting as an ally. The Nayardeen Ward? Some faction ofthe Cirin Alliance?
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

mist.archon

Post by mist.archon » Tue May 24, 2011 7:15 am

"Get them. Send out every game tank in the grid. GET THEM!"

Couldn't resist :)