Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Dhraakellian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Vile wrote:Aaargh! What's he been wanting to say for years? What? :shock: :? :lol:
"Weapons at maximum!" ("how exactly is weapons at maximum going to help the situation?" "The audience ... loves weapons at maximum.")

"Boom! BoomBoomBoom! BoomBoom! BOOM!"

"Damn the drones! Full speed ahead!"

"I got a baaaad feeling about this."

"There's coffee in that relay."

"I AM A FISH"
Some pithy statement goes here.

tau.ceti

Post by tau.ceti » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:03 pm

You forgot "That's no moon...It's a space station!" (though not entirely relevant) :D

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:38 pm

My first thought is that it could be the classic ST:TNG statement "Full ahead No 1."

but our glorious captain is not inclined towards SF gossip I think - so the only behaviouralism that makes sense to me is his interest with hot chilli. Perhaps the drones might be ordered to stand down pending an attack of hot chilli? Or an offer to come to board the station with cooking lessons on offer? It is a mission to free fairhaven and his chilli is amongst the most feared weapons in known space ...

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 pm

skythorn wrote: Perhaps the drones might be ordered to stand down pending an attack of hot chilli? Or an offer to come to board the station with cooking lessons on offer? It is a mission to free fairhaven and his chilli is amongst the most feared weapons in known space ...
Damn, it's too late for a rewrite now :(

Vile

Post by Vile » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:23 pm

"Raise the shields."

Didn't see that coming, but excellent idea! :lol:

charles

Post by charles » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Indeed, great idea. I'm guessing the various other windows across the ship, including the display deck, have probably closed their windows as well.

That takes away the initial thought that many of us had about those windows being a weak point.

Seems a little strange that Whisper and Daniel are up on the Bridge. I was almost expecting them to be strapped into chairs elsewhere in the ship just monitoring things and relaying information through the comms if there was anything important.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

Fen

Post by Fen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 pm

The more I see of Scar, the more I love it!!! :lol:

~Fen

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:56 pm

The Niobe is a rusty worn out bucket we all love, but Scar is definitely doing her best to impress us all.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Arv
Location: Either Ontario, Canada or a transcendental world beyond your mundane imagination

Post by Arv » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:08 am

Ha, I had a feeling he was a Star Trek man! Can I get a "Red Alert!" or an "All ahead full!" maybe? :D

Loving the armour barriers, but why are the holoprojector screens only in the windows? If they're going that route, shouldn't it be feasible to go the rest of the way and project onto the whole wall surface, or even the bridge ceiling? I rather fancy the idea of flying a ship while seeming to be outside it. (Those who read the Outsider webcomic will know what I'm talking about.)

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:25 pm

I'd guess the holo-projection has some limitations, but mainly it comes down to the vanity of Mensk and his esthetics where the ship's design is concerned. A good friend of mine (Who's alot smarter than I, and alot more knowledgable about writing) educated me about how villains, especially super-villains, are more about esthetic than just results. It does explain a great deal where Mensk is concerned.