Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Dhraakellian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Digitalmaniac wrote:I find it extremely interesting that Mensk would have circular staircases installed rather than a personal lift of some sort.
Hey, even legitimate bidness men gotta get their exercise somehow.
Some pithy statement goes here.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:50 am

Besides, that entire ship is all about appearances. It's supposed to over-awe everyone and show just how rich and important Mensk thought he was. Plus his sense of entitlement and I suspect he felt wronged by his replacement as head of the Syndicate. That ship may have been his way of posturing as like the "great" emperors of old Earth. What's more impressive than paired super-elegant spiral staircases?

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Oooh, love the chapter cover page! Have we seen this station before? I don't recognize it, but I'm trying to decide if that's just the angle or not. Since I don't recall a green background nebula elsewhere though, I'm guessing not...

Also, intriguing title. Whose home? How do they feel about "Home"? What is waiting for them? There are a ew characters with interesting pasts that may lend an interest to a title of "Home" such as Whisper, but then there's Vaegyr... and for that matter the new ship must feel like a (somewhat unexpected) new home as well.

I'll just have to wait until the end of the week, I guess...

Fen

Post by Fen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:30 pm

cbhacking wrote:Oooh, love the chapter cover page! ...
Me too! I didn't recognise it either :-)

To infinity... and beyond! ;)

~Fen

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:20 am

I actually do not think this is a station. I instantly thought Souri Behemoth when I saw it. So I guess we will find out who is correct. I still like it though.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Shagrat

Post by Shagrat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 pm

All right, realtime is some three years after the posting date but I've not been peeking ahead [thoraxic Xed]
For the record I still think Niobe's Dining Room could be [and should be with the click of a mouse] moved foreward of the crew quuarters and accross the corridor from the kitchen, both gun turrets raised to provide clear fields of fire over the starboard hull. External and internal scenes so far shown still work [often better] with this proposed layout.

Further, a belly gun makes a lot of sense. The Captain likes to cook and likes a view from the kitchen? Nay problem, move the foreward turret to the belly. This clears the kitchen view and covers both hemispheres, above and below.

If you arm a vessel, arm it for battle - if you have a dinning room, put it within a few steps of the kitchen.

Endit

Vile

Post by Vile » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 am

I think Niobe already has a belly turret, right?

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 am

You know, I really do not ever recall ever seeing a shot showing the underside of Niobe. At least off hand any shot I remember seeing never showed the belly.
-Lost

Knowles2

Post by Knowles2 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:05 pm

I thinking it either a communication relay or a automatic sensor system.

They sending the a pirate vessel to disable it so that there main fleet can sneak in on there attack target without being detected.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Yay, more explosions! It does appear now to be some sort of relay. Whether it is near Farhaven or a Darani world as a feint/distraction we will have to wait and see.
-Lost