Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
angusj

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by angusj » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Fen wrote:I thought it might be ".. doubtful that the U.T.C. will support the Alliance, a nation in exile.."
Yes, you're right there (and also confirmed by David's correction).

And thanks again David for a fantastic webcomic. Wonderful art that's matched by the story.

charles

Post by charles » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

HAHA! I bet Vaegyr was sold on the Scarborough as soon as he saw that Captain's chair *LOL*

Then again, I'm still betting the Captain's bedroom/office is probably a sight to see as well.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:45 am

Given the history we've seen so far about their adventures, especially ones involving the directions of anybody in the chain of command of either side of this war, I'd have a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as soon as Vaegar uttered those words...

Vile

Post by Vile » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 pm

charles wrote:Then again, I'm still betting the Captain's bedroom/office is probably a sight to see as well.
Ha, good point - I wonder how much of Larissa's enthusiasm for the Scar is based on its facilities and not its capabilities ... ;)

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:41 pm

But... can they get another Firefly poster? How hard are those to come by, in this day and age? Or were they able to recover all their posessions?

Vile

Post by Vile » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm

They'll have to make do with an electronic version, like the posters in Daniel's room. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the inside of the Scar. Especially the room full of pandas. :mrgreen:

charles

Post by charles » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 am

Well... They were allowed to remove personal items from Niobe. So I guess its a question of if Larissa took the power or not.

The idea of seeing a luxuriously decorated room, adorned with a firefly poster is a little entertaining :lol:
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

MadCrimson

Post by MadCrimson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Man, that was an impressive update!

I sure hope 'they' contact you for the next star wars/star trek/fireflyish whatever movie!!!

But why windows? I would never put windows on a space ship.
may contain nuts

javcs

Post by javcs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 pm

MadCrimson wrote:Man, that was an impressive update!

I sure hope 'they' contact you for the next star wars/star trek/fireflyish whatever movie!!!

But why windows? I would never put windows on a space ship.
Heh ... for the 2009 Star Trek (gag) movie, they accepted a lot of submissions for the Enterprise's design. Then went and futzed with the intended scale - it was supposed to be 300-odd meters long (according to the fellow who submitted it) - for the movie they roughly doubled it in length, without doing anything to adjust it for it's new proportions. Not even gonna start on the rest of it.
That being said, yeah, David would probably do a real good job designing ships for pretty much any sci-fi setting.

Claustrophobia?
Though, most of the time, you're going to be using your instrument panels and displays rather than the mark 1 eyeball looking out the window.

Wandalstouring

Post by Wandalstouring » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:49 pm

This might be unintentional, but the wings look like a water turtle's front legs. for comparison: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... he_air.jpg
So you created a rather strange reptile.