Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Mercy Machine

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Mercy Machine » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 am

If, in our heroes' future adventures, Vaegyr finds himself in a tight spot, he can always throw hideously-mixed metaphors at the enemy.

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:17 pm

He does seem to be good at that, no?

Actually, I'd like to shift gears a bit and heap some praise on the artwork, specifically that door they are standing in front of. The archway and the bulkhead look absolutely fantastic, I keep looking at it over and over and I swear it just gets better every time.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:38 pm

NefariousDrO wrote:Actually, I'd like to shift gears a bit and heap some praise on the artwork, specifically that door they are standing in front of. The archway and the bulkhead look absolutely fantastic, I keep looking at it over and over and I swear it just gets better every time.
Although that does appear to be quite the precipice the walkway is spanning. I wonder if it serves a purpose. (Retractable walkway so that full area of the door can be open for cargo ships with larger airlocks?)
Admiral Novosi wrote:We have a plan.
*queue BSG intro ostinato*
Some pithy statement goes here.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:50 pm

I am guessing it opens to the full ring size for freighters. It would certainly allow a much bigger size of crate and the large open space would likely be a rail system to facilitate moving it around the ring of the station.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 am

That's actually a good idea, I hadn't really considered that possibility. That would also be a good reason for the ring-shaped station: a huge railroad for moving large capacity cargo containers. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if David has some kind of complex architecture built into the model for this station. That's one of the things I really admire about his work, he uses his theatre background well and builds complete sets for these scenes.

charles

Post by charles » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm not sure about this dock, but I do remember it being noted that there is an outer shell and an inner one with universal docking system (at least the one Katherine's Glance used to link with Niobe). So although the outer shell is significanly larger than the walkway, there is more to it. There might also be something special with secret passages like there were on Espenson Station.

The circular railway does make a lot of sense. Another one would simply be the have the "Controller" turn gravity plates on and off so a few men can simply maneuver cargo in a weightless environment.

But yes, I was getting a bit tired of staring at people's faces close up, so its good to see it pulled back a bit and show off the scenery (which is accurate to the story text noting that they should dock at number 5).
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

weyrman

Post by weyrman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:03 pm

The last broadcast box seems to have at least a word and a space missing in it, It doesn't make sense as it is.

angusj

Post by angusj » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:43 pm

weyrman wrote:The last broadcast box seems to have at least a word and a space missing in it, It doesn't make sense as it is.
Yes, I'm wondering if it should read ...
... doubtful that the U.T.C. will side with the Alliance, a nation in exile, ...

Fen

Post by Fen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:59 pm

angusj wrote:
weyrman wrote:The last broadcast box seems to have at least a word and a space missing in it, It doesn't make sense as it is.
Yes, I'm wondering if it should read ...
... doubtful that the U.T.C. will side with the Alliance, a nation in exile, ...
I thought it might be ".. doubtful that the U.T.C. will support the Alliance, a nation in exile.."

~Fen

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Fixed. My mistake, sorry about that.