Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
stads

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by stads » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:39 pm

on the one hand gone miss the Niobe

but love the new ship they have fits good in the story and also fits with the type of crew and luck they have aka brand new ship right into there laps but then again with there luck think its gone get them into trouble also abit mistaken identity and all

gone wonder what enemy's wil try to poke hole's into it if i had to take my gues there ether from Larissa or Whisper past

Vile

Post by Vile » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 pm

This is the dog's knees - change and motion! The "re-set for every episode" button lets down many otherwise good SF shows and serials, it's great to see that nothing is sacred in CD. As for the Scar, I don't really see that the Cirin military would want it - even though they have a penchant for using converted civilian ships, it's probably far too expensive to maintain and likely to be temperamental like any top-of-the-line custom job. Though if I were them I would give it a thorough going over before handing it to the Niobids (Scaroids? Sounds painfuil), perhaps minus a few turrets. The heroes, now ... well, how do you think Blakes 7 would have felt if they'd lost Scorpio but managed to "liberate" the Liberator instead ... ? 8-)

Is that a point defence turret under the tail, in the stern-chaser position?
Arv wrote:Very Babylon 5-esque, even more like "Blake's Seven" if anybody around here is old enough to remember that venerable British sci-fi.
Nobody here but us chickens. :ugeek:

Jim 028

Post by Jim 028 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:12 am

Vile wrote:The "re-set for every episode" button lets down many otherwise good SF shows and serials, it's great to see that nothing is sacred in CD.
I would have loved for Star Trek Voyager to have not employed the re-set button as much as they did. The reason I enjoyed the Year of Hell two-parter so much is that it felt how I was expected an ongoing series about a Federation Starship trapped so far away from home would, well a series compressed down into an hour and a half.

Tempest8008

Post by Tempest8008 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 am

"Space Traffic Registary"?

I assume "Registry" was the word being gone for. Hate to be the Spelling Police, but I notice stuff like that.

And what about the Scimitar in Niobe's belly?

And while I like the Scarborough, I can't believe any salvage law would apply to stolen property...that would leave too many doors open for people to steal a ship and then claim it as salvage somewhere else.

I'm curious how the Space Traffic Registry would be handled between different spheres of political influence, as well? Does a ship need to be registered with all the various alliances and factions? Or will this only be "legal" in Alliance territory?

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:02 am

I've found myself pondering a different question, and I apologize if this has already been debated here but I searched and couldn't find any previous posts about it so here goes: Anybody have any idea why the Republic was treating Sarah the way they were? They treated her like she was a spy or a criminal and it really makes little sense to me. Especially since by doing so they've now made themselves a very powerful enemy.

stads

Post by stads » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:57 am

NefariousDrO wrote:I've found myself pondering a different question, and I apologize if this has already been debated here but I searched and couldn't find any previous posts about it so here goes: Anybody have any idea why the Republic was treating Sarah the way they were? They treated her like she was a spy or a criminal and it really makes little sense to me. Especially since by doing so they've now made themselves a very powerful enemy.
think the reason was the couse is that station security failed at preventing the att at the station even though they where warned
its might have been better pr wise saying that she was dead hurt so there could not be a questioning showing that she warned for it and it still happen further embarrassing the republic then it just being a attack that nothing could be done about it

Raukk

Post by Raukk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 am

NefariousDrO wrote:I've found myself pondering a different question, and I apologize if this has already been debated here but I searched and couldn't find any previous posts about it so here goes: Anybody have any idea why the Republic was treating Sarah the way they were? They treated her like she was a spy or a criminal and it really makes little sense to me. Especially since by doing so they've now made themselves a very powerful enemy.
This isn't a full explanation, and I grazed right over it without thinking the first time I'd read it: http://www.davidcsimon.com/crimsondark/ ... rip_id=189

Arv
Location: Either Ontario, Canada or a transcendental world beyond your mundane imagination

Post by Arv » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:03 am

Tempest8008 wrote:And while I like the Scarborough, I can't believe any salvage law would apply to stolen property...that would leave too many doors open for people to steal a ship and then claim it as salvage somewhere else.
As the saying goes, "Inter arma enim silent leges"; in times of war the law falls silent...

NefariousDrO

Post by NefariousDrO » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:00 am

Under more "normal" circumstances I doubt that newly-minted admiral Novosi would be so willing to bend the rules for the Niobids, but she's clearly not happy with all of the stunts her predecessor pulled. At this point it looks like the Scarborough will be their new ship.

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:59 am

Arv wrote:Also, it would suck if they lost Kari's Scimitar fighter with the Niobe; I wonder what Cirin spacecraft ownership rules would have to say about that? It's a piece of high-end military hardware belonging to their enemy at war; wouldn't the Alliance be justified in impounding it for reverse engineering or covert missions? I hope not, but if realism is the rule of the day...
It's a commercially available model, used by several governments. I imagine the CDF could get their hands on one legitimately without too much trouble.

Looking at the recent wallpaper in the supporters' club, I think I see a place on the Scarborough's underside that could possibly be an aft-facing cargo bay big enough to fit the Scimitar.
Some pithy statement goes here.