Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
charles

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by charles » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:17 am

Krennson wrote:Wait, the "most compicated relationship in her life began the first time she looked into a mirror?"
Doesn't she mean the first time she looked into a mirror, after the fire?
Because otherwise, there are even more strange things about whisper's childhood we haven't heard about yet...
I don't think she had eyes initially, so it may have been some time before she could look into a mirror. But yeah, I suspect there's something even more significant about this girl than her heritage. Craig seemed to indicate that she was destined for greatness well before the accident. While I'm sure her parents are very important, quite possibly the heads of 2/7 families in the Syndicate, I still tend to think there's something about her which goes beyond that.

Only time will tell. As usual, David manages to leave us with more questions than answers.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

freedom47

Post by freedom47 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 am

Actually, I was thinking about her comments to Daniel to get some augs. She even suggested a WiNi. With that she could link to him and they could have a form of sex. Maybe even the better than the real thing, since the pleasure centers of the brain are where the real action occurs. Or am I getting to pervy here?

Vile

Post by Vile » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Too pervy? Nah, mind sex is the real deal, a pure thing without all that grunting and sweating and bodily fluid stuff. Nothing pervy there. :mrgreen:

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 pm

David wrote:
citizen7 wrote:Daniel is a good Christian boy. I'm sure sex is the last thing on his mind.
Wait, Christians don't think about sex?

I must be doing something wrong...
You and me both!! If I had a time machine I would go back in time to the person that thought up celibacy and the ilk and "sweetly" point their thoughts in other directions.

When considering a life time partner it is not a priority, I see it as a perk of being married *shurg*. Not being able to be intimate in that way together will complicate a long term relationship, as all the things associated with intimacy of the physical sort are a definite boost and help.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

charles

Post by charles » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:48 pm

freedom47 wrote:Actually, I was thinking about her comments to Daniel to get some augs. She even suggested a WiNi. With that she could link to him and they could have a form of sex. Maybe even the better than the real thing, since the pleasure centers of the brain are where the real action occurs. Or am I getting to pervy here?
I guess its not out of the question for him to get augs. Daniel said in page 3 of chapter 5 that he had nothing against them. It seemed like he just couldn't be bothered. Maybe he'll take the leap or be bothered now. Then again, as Kari said, he doesn't come across as shallow like that... thats not to say that Whisper doesn't want to get some action herself. Never believe that women don't have a libido of their own.

There is a bit more to Daniel's side I think. He did suggest to Kari that he'd had suicidal thoughts when he queried about her comments that she hadn't forgiven them for saving her life.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

jae

Post by jae » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:06 pm

While I'm sure her parents are very important, quite possibly the heads of 2/7 families in the Syndicate, I still tend to think there's something about her which goes beyond that.
Yes.
Since her parents were dead, someone else must have wanted her to survive, to pay for all those augs and medical care (for years).
The costs could have been covered by her parents' estate (her inheritance) but then again, with a very-nearly-dead, certainly unconscious and on life-support child, and a big estate just waiting for the next-of-kin/state/Creer family to claim it -- why would so much effort have been put into bringing her back to life?

javcs

Post by javcs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Lokekar Kra wrote:
David wrote:
citizen7 wrote:Daniel is a good Christian boy. I'm sure sex is the last thing on his mind.
Wait, Christians don't think about sex?

I must be doing something wrong...
You and me both!! If I had a time machine I would go back in time to the person that thought up celibacy and the ilk and "sweetly" point their thoughts in other directions.

When considering a life time partner it is not a priority, I see it as a perk of being married *shurg*. Not being able to be intimate in that way together will complicate a long term relationship, as all the things associated with intimacy of the physical sort are a definite boost and help.
Well, the 'no sex before marriage' thing was originally to ensure that the kids of a nobleman/royal were actually, y'know, his kids, since there was no paternity testing back then. And then, when people starting learning (vaguely) about STDs, it was a way to protect against them (except, y'know, for the fact that the guys generally ignored that rule/guideline on a regular basis, married or not).

Priestly celibacy/chastity ... dammit, can't remember which one is the correct term, there is a difference, was for some reason that I can't remember offhand.

However ... new page is awesome.

spacebender

Post by spacebender » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Wow. What a gorgeous page, both visually and emotionally. Would that everyone have the equivalent of a Whisper in their life! What a delight is her use of the word "metaphasically". And the expressions on the dear pensively-earnest Doctor's face are truly priceless!

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Celibacy is no sex, end of line. Chastity is no sex outside of marriage and then only with your lawfully wedded spouse fyi.

(Back to the current page)
You HAVE 14 more pages already finished!!! And you are not sharing them with us now! *grumble, grumble, mutter dark things* Now I am sorely tempted to learn to hack just so I can get my hands on those pages!! *wink*

Looks like Daniel has found a girl he can not scare off nor can he run off, at least not while they are in rift space.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Geo

Post by Geo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:01 am

Today's page may me like Whisper alot. :D
And she has a boyfriend now! :(