Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
citizen7

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by citizen7 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Rust may not be the main reason why the Niobe looked so tarnished; ships in the Crimson Dark universe are subjected to far worse than a little oxidisation or corrosion.
Ships rushing around are certainly exposed to intense heat & radiation - as well as micro-meteorites, superheated gases & particles from exploding stars, etc.
And not to forget - everytime a ship "jumps" into "riftspace", it risks returning to normal space "in a cloud of dust or gas" if something goes wrong.

jae

Post by jae » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:40 pm

they don't seem like the artistic type that would do an aesthetic remodel of the ship
But someone must've bought and installed those wonderful "Turkish" carpets in the common room on the Niobe. And wasn't there a grand piano? So someone has a keen aesthetic sense, as well as the cash to flash around buying such things.

charles

Post by charles » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm

WOW! Talk about an information dump!

Good for her. I guess that was the crystal moon we saw above her home planet. Figured that was the indicating factor. Makes sense now that Mensk and other pirates would recognise her while Daniel and Kari, from her own home planet, might not... Although Kari left for space quite early I guess so only Daniel would be the most likely to recognise whatever there is to recognise about her.

She must have some method of getting through the genetic scanners if she's never been caught in Darani space before. They'd have had her blood on file, or at least have had some comparison to her parent's, but again, maybe her syndicate's influence is also holding back the police because they want to find her first. It'll be interesting to see if Mensk let some of his other family know about his suspicions of her identity. Heck, it'll be interesting to find out which family she belonged to and why they're apparently so significant.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 56

jae

Post by jae » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 pm

As far as having sex goes, doesn't the Cognitive Visualisation System experience count?

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:28 am

charles wrote:WOW! Talk about an information dump!

Good for her. I guess that was the crystal moon we saw above her home planet. Figured that was the indicating factor. Makes sense now that Mensk and other pirates would recognise her while Daniel and Kari, from her own home planet, might not... Although Kari left for space quite early I guess so only Daniel would be the most likely to recognise whatever there is to recognise about her.

She must have some method of getting through the genetic scanners if she's never been caught in Darani space before. They'd have had her blood on file, or at least have had some comparison to her parent's, but again, maybe her syndicate's influence is also holding back the police because they want to find her first. It'll be interesting to see if Mensk let some of his other family know about his suspicions of her identity. Heck, it'll be interesting to find out which family she belonged to and why they're apparently so significant.

Yep, a good dump of info there ... now that's a lot of the puzzle into place - and little weepy whiny 'i shot hal' says his life is complicated ... :roll:

Krennson

Post by Krennson » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:21 am

Wait, the "most compicated relationship in her life began the first time she looked into a mirror?"

Doesn't she mean the first time she looked into a mirror, after the fire?

Because otherwise, there are even more strange things about whisper's childhood we haven't heard about yet...

Vile

Post by Vile » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:56 pm

What, the poor girl doesn't have a Pressbutton?! :(

citizen7

Post by citizen7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Daniel is a good Christian boy. I'm sure sex is the last thing on his mind.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 pm

citizen7 wrote:Daniel is a good Christian boy. I'm sure sex is the last thing on his mind.
Wait, Christians don't think about sex?

I must be doing something wrong...

see317

Post by see317 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:56 am

Krennson wrote:Wait, the "most compicated relationship in her life began the first time she looked into a mirror?"
Doesn't she mean the first time she looked into a mirror, after the fire?
Because otherwise, there are even more strange things about whisper's childhood we haven't heard about yet...
It could be that she considers this a new life. I mean, in a very real way the person that Whisper was died in the fire.