Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Seawied

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Seawied » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:38 am

Shutting down a whole station with a wave of a hand? I'm sorry whisper, but you done got out-shined!

Sarone

Post by Sarone » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 am

The only real concern is this: are the emergency power for the bulkheads still up? If not, this could turn ugly when the crew leaves.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:28 am

Oh that is not going to be suspicious, the only ships flying away from a station that just went completely dark... Clever though as no one is going to be able to say whether said ship is leaving with authorization or not. If no one knows they are on the Scar and no station to say it was not given clearance to leave then they should be able to get away without problems, I stress the should part. Their luck seems to have improved once Vae was not on board though.

Edit: OH OH OH I see the blue prints of the Scar in that panel!! It looks sweet already !!
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

Dhraakellian
Location: Earth, 3 Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post by Dhraakellian » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:36 am

Digging the bird of prey design on the display. (edit: Although I notice the Scar itself is conveniently offscreen in the external shots. Methinks the artist is a tease.)

Powering down the station? Do they have emergency power for life support? I mean, O₂ and whatnot should easily last for an hour, but getting around is going to be a lot harder, what with the newer-style variable grav plating offline and losing attraction near-instantly.
Lokekar Kra wrote:Clever though as no one is going to be able to say whether said ship is leaving with authorization or not. If no one knows they are on the Scar and no station to say it was not given clearance to leave then they should be able to get away without problems.
And they might also be unable to confirm that the solar flare was a hoax.
Vile wrote:Is it me, or is our ex-controller developing a healthy skin tone? 8-)
Perish the thought!
Some pithy statement goes here.

javcs

Post by javcs » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:09 am

Vile wrote:Is it me, or is our ex-controller developing a healthy skin tone? 8-)
It could just be the lighting, but I don't think it's just the lighting.
I suspect that Sara not being plugged in for a few months has something to do with it.

Turning the station off? That's awesome. Also it should help their escape.

see317

Post by see317 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Dhraakellian wrote:
Lokekar Kra wrote:Clever though as no one is going to be able to say whether said ship is leaving with authorization or not. If no one knows they are on the Scar and no station to say it was not given clearance to leave then they should be able to get away without problems.
And they might also be unable to confirm that the solar flare was a hoax.
Or they may just blame the solar flare for taking out the power.

Vile

Post by Vile » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Yes, nice teaser for the Scar, there! I can't wait to see her from the outside.

I also look forward to seeing how Sarah and Whisper square off now that Sarah no longer has the home ground advantage. My guess is Whisper is still top girl ... 8-)

Sarone

Post by Sarone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:59 am

Vile wrote:Yes, nice teaser for the Scar, there! I can't wait to see her from the outside.

I also look forward to seeing how Sarah and Whisper square off now that Sarah no longer has the home ground advantage. My guess is Whisper is still top girl ... 8-)

Rule 31: Only cheaters prosper. :D

charles

Post by charles » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:51 am

Excellent teaser for the Scar... I was wondering if this would become the new ship and replace Niobe, but now I've seen that screen, I'm more convinced than ever that they're going to fix Niobe up.

Say what you like, but nothing about the Scar seems to have that homey feeling that David has created in Niobe's design... Although it wouldn't surprise me if they significantly upgrade Niobe in the repairs, maybe even scaventing parts from the Scar. Heh, I guess there could also be problems if Larissa gets too accustomed to piloting a really good ship.

And Whisper's not second girl... She's got the boy! Hmmm... Maybe he'll need a bionic arm :lol:
doubtful.
Please visit, read and update the CRIMSON DARK WIKI
SPAMMER Pelts: 83

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:01 am

Considering Whisper's personality so far I do not see her trying to confront Sara unless forced and even then only over Dan. She had her opinions about Kari which we were privy to but Whisper did not do anything until circumstance forced them together.
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost