Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
sassafras

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by sassafras » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:53 am

I love the frame where Mensk's head spurts blood. A small frame to be sure but well done and fit into the page very well.

I'd love if we could have seen our crew while Marcus, Shade and Mensk were talking. I can just see them looking quizically at each other then leaning against a wall with crossed arms, waiting for it to play out.

Except for Larissa, of course... She's a tightly-wound spring.

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 am

sassafras wrote: I'd love if we could have seen our crew while Marcus, Shade and Mensk were talking. I can just see them looking quizically at each other then leaning against a wall with crossed arms, waiting for it to play out.
" If you wanna shoot - shoot, don't talk "

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

I can help but think that simple solution just caused even more problems for the heroes...
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

cpuguy1

Post by cpuguy1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:43 am

Eeeww! A Bloody Mess. Literally.
Both watch as the body falls (almost as if in slow motion). There's a brief pause as they look at each other. Then as if on cue, they both say ...
"I'm not cleaning that up!"
"Jinx!" Cries Whisper.

Arv
Location: Either Ontario, Canada or a transcendental world beyond your mundane imagination

Post by Arv » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:13 am

OLLY KRAP!! Well I sure didn't see that coming! :shock:

I can understand Larissa's feelings though. After everything Mensk put her through, along with the loss of her husband and her ship, well I wouldn't be inclined to be diplomatic or merciful either. Kind of a pity... taking Argurios prisoner might have made a valuable (if dangerous) bargaining chip. Sucks to lose a cool villain too, but I can't say I'll miss him and he certainly had it coming. Now all they need to do is dispose of the body (or cover up who killed him, if it comes to it), else they might have the whole clan hunting them instead of just one overlord's vendetta! I sure hope Abraham was the only Mensk with the means to get at our heroes' families...

toag

Post by toag » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:39 am

"back, and to the left..."
"back, and to the left..."
err, nm, no grassy nolls in space ports

(first post btw, freaking love this webcomic, and if i had 2 nickles to rub together, i'd give dave one to keep publishing)

javcs

Post by javcs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 am

Geo wrote: Btw, 57 combat simulations while the late captain Mensk was talking to the Niobids? Perhaps Whisper lowered the odds in those simulations somehow when all that data was transmitted between Shade en Marcus? ;)
Unlikely, plus, they probably would have noticed that.
Consider ... there were two lance rifles/carbines pointed more or less right at them - not conducive to one's long term health.
I'm not sure about lance rifle/carbine fire rate, but still, two of them, plus the unknown combat capabilities of the others, plus someone in Control of most of the station systems? After all, they did acquire the two lance rifles/carbines - and, if I recall correctly, the ones they have are Marine Issue - that strongly implies that they managed to best at least one Marine, possibly more, while they were unarmed to obtain the lance carbines.

As for problems with killing Mensk ... drag the body onboard and space it after a jump or two. Sarah can probably manage any monitoring systems in the accessway - Argurious will have simply disappeared. Besides, he's known scumbag, the legal authorities probably won't be too interested, officially anyways, in his disappearance, and I doubt any of the Niobids, Shade, or Marcus will talk about what happened, given the circumstances.
They'll probably need to re-register the Scarborough as something else, and alter the jump signature, probably alter any hull markings as well. Basically, if they're going to keep the Scar, they'll need to change anything that could be used to identify her, and do it quietly. Difficult, but probably not impossible.

Vile

Post by Vile » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 am

It makes sense to take out Mensk. As long as the Niobids confine themselves to attacking only one clan, and only in self-defence, the other clans will be more than happy to share (or fighte over) the vacated market share. And every clan head they kill makes the next one to take up the feud less experienced, less of a threat. As for the hired guns, they also made a good call - why take the chance of Mensk blackballing them later (or worse) because of their lack of loyalty? Better to shut him up now. And Larissa ... Larissa has never struck me as the pacifist type when threatened - if anything, her husband is the softy in that relationship.

Er, so, yeah - good 'un! 8-)

Bungalow_Bill

Post by Bungalow_Bill » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:28 pm

About damn time somebody did something decisive without going through - putting us through - a world of angst. Larissa may just steal my heart away from Whisper.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Suggestion : Just cos Mensk has a hole in his head does not mean he is dead ...