Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Vile

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Vile » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

David wrote:Christmas in Sydney is generally defined by [...] people in Santa suits sweating heavily and nearly passing out from heat stroke.
Don't they have Santa bikinis? :P
Last edited by Vile on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draelun

Post by Draelun » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Don't they have Santa bikinis?
Some do, but this is not a pleasant sight (the overweight Santas I mean; some people appreciate Santa's helpers). I think its time the Easter Bilby made his appearance at Christmas too. Much more in keeping with the climate and so cute!

At least this year we may escape bad fires - thanks to the La Nina giving us floods.

AaronLee

Post by AaronLee » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, at least Mensk didn't say "You have outlived your usefulness." He actually acted realistically businesslike and jsut told Mr. Creed off.

Also; that "Can't want us any more dead," quote from a few pages back was priceless.

Fen

Post by Fen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Warm Christmases are a complete mystery to me and the snowflakes/reindeer make much more sense!
Also; that "Can't want us any more dead," quote from a few pages back was priceless.
:lol: :lol: indeed it was! I had to explain CD to people so they could understand why I started laughing in the middle of lab.

~Fen

algesan

Post by algesan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Mercy Machine wrote:
algesan wrote:Oh, against regulations? Perhaps monitored by this Big Brother of a computer system? That would be an interesting turn.
Meh... I'm sure the arts of frequency-hopping and encryption has not been lost. Though I wonder how long the keys have to be?
I rather doubt they are lost, but I'll bet that tracking and monitoring has kept pace also. Even if you cannot decrypt the conversation, the fact of an illicit broadcast can be detected and perhaps certain countermeasures can be instituted. Especially if between our two wonder girls they can locate and isolate Mr. Creed's attempts to take back the system bit by bit.

Depending on how much control the central system has, you get the interesting ability to smash blast doors (which must close extremely quickly in explosive decompression events) on people tagged as operating illegal comm systems. Oh, or there would be oxygen eating fire suppressant foam. Or...well there are a lot of ways an out of control central control system could whack people.

see317

Post by see317 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Fen wrote:
:lol: :lol: indeed it was! I had to explain CD to people so they could understand why I started laughing in the middle of lab.~Fen
I don't know, there's a big difference between "I want them dead, so let's send the bosses incompetent cousin to get him out of our hair for a bit" and "I want them dead so let's send everyone."

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Is the random encounter marine here for boosting team's armory?

Vile

Post by Vile » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:10 pm

He's there to kick ass and never mind the names. Go marine! :twisted:
Last edited by Vile on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samantha

Post by Samantha » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Did anyone seriously believe that the baddies would fall for the Solar Flair trick. All it was useful for was to get the civilians out of the way along with any Republic soldiers obligated to help. The marine or marines the ran into will force them to do what they should have done anyway go EVA and attack from an unexpected direction. Put Larisa and Daniel in a starskiper where she can do something evil with its claws, like cast the Scarbough off before the gantries are retracted.:twisted: Sara , Whisper and posibly Kari can "Swim" across with their augs and go through a unguarded or lightly guarded hatch or even make their own with the pulse rifle. The crew of the Niobe have been boarding ships w numerically greater crews for over a year and should have tried such a tactic before. While the scar crew probably always had massively overwhelming force and little regard for the lives of crew so are probably tactically lazy.

As to the fate of the Scar when they get back to Fontana station, they send it back to Golgotha as a peace offering to the other 6 Families piloted by a AI, with a doomsday device included if they don't want to accept the peace offering. It is hard to imagine any deep space drive that cant be turned into a WMD. In this case Whisper with Kari's help can program the hyperdrive to expand its field to the maximum then do jump calcs only for the drive and engines and then give it a kick that should be enough smear a good portion of Golgotha over several kilks. Nothing promotes bonding like working on a doomsday device together :geek: .

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Samantha wrote:Did anyone seriously believe that the baddies would fall for the Solar Flair trick. All it was useful for was to get the civilians out of the way along with any Republic soldiers obligated to help. The marine or marines the ran into will force them to do what they should have done anyway go EVA and attack from an unexpected direction. Put Larisa and Daniel in a starskiper where she can do something evil with its claws, like cast the Scarbough off before the gantries are retracted.:twisted: Sara , Whisper and posibly Kari can "Swim" across with their augs and go through a unguarded or lightly guarded hatch or even make their own with the pulse rifle. The crew of the Niobe have been boarding ships w numerically greater crews for over a year and should have tried such a tactic before. While the scar crew probably always had massively overwhelming force and little regard for the lives of crew so are probably tactically lazy.

As to the fate of the Scar when they get back to Fontana station, they send it back to Golgotha as a peace offering to the other 6 Families piloted by a AI, with a doomsday device included if they don't want to accept the peace offering. It is hard to imagine any deep space drive that cant be turned into a WMD. In this case Whisper with Kari's help can program the hyperdrive to expand its field to the maximum then do jump calcs only for the drive and engines and then give it a kick that should be enough smear a good portion of Golgotha over several kilks. Nothing promotes bonding like working on a doomsday device together :geek: .

Ooh - I get the feeling that you are tying to many threads here together " to make a big boom " conclusion. I don't want big boom's, I want character and universe development.