Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
skythorn

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by skythorn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

it's a very good idea, especially when you consider the 8 minutes it takes for light to get from the Sun's surface to the earth, presumably a similar short notice time might be required for this ruse.

Although, looking (as I do) at Spaceweather.com, some forecasting efforts are made that depict a warning window of hours not minutes.

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Social engineering at its finest.

Lokekar Kra

Post by Lokekar Kra » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:13 am

Is it just me or is there a Tempest Class battleship in the last panel...
"He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us"
-Lost

quidni

Post by quidni » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Chapter 11 pg 15... I don't want to nitpick, because the artwork and storyline have been consistently engaging and high-quality. As a result, this tiny error was actually somewhat jarring to me - but the correct spelling is "Personnel."

I'm very curious to see how this episode plays out!

algesan

Post by algesan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh, against regulations? Perhaps monitored by this Big Brother of a computer system? That would be an interesting turn.

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 pm

algesan wrote:Oh, against regulations? Perhaps monitored by this Big Brother of a computer system? That would be an interesting turn.
Meh... I'm sure the arts of frequency-hopping and encryption has not been lost. Though I wonder how long the keys have to be?

tau.ceti

Post by tau.ceti » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:07 am

You could tape the cricket...

I don't know, Christmas has become a great time of year again (or still, more so) since I had kids. I get to be a kid all over again and enjoy seeing them have fun over the holidays. Join in the waterfights, waterslides, pool trips, whatever... while I'm not such a fan of the really hot weather, the balmy mild climate is really lovely.

Mainman

Post by Mainman » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 am

Alternately, it could be said that most bears have the right execution, just the wrong hemisphere.

Christmas down under must be a very different experience. I'm fond of Christmastime waterfights too, as long as the H2O is in a slightly cooler physical state.
*Enjoy the Sauce!*

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:38 am

tau.ceti wrote:You could tape the cricket...
Pfft, where's the fun in that? Part of the joy is listening to the live commentary on ABC radio while working on CD.
I don't know, Christmas has become a great time of year again (or still, more so) since I had kids. I get to be a kid all over again and enjoy seeing them have fun over the holidays. Join in the waterfights, waterslides, pool trips, whatever... while I'm not such a fan of the really hot weather, the balmy mild climate is really lovely.
Well I am happily childless and hope to remain so. The activities you describe sound less like fun and more like my own personal nightmare :shock:
Mainman wrote:Christmas down under must be a very different experience. I'm fond of Christmastime waterfights too, as long as the H2O is in a slightly cooler physical state.
Christmas in Sydney is generally defined by stinking hot weather, cold beers (for those who are so inclined), people in Santa suits sweating heavily and nearly passing out from heat stroke, and air choked by smoke from bushfires. Yet for some reason, shops still decorate their windows with snowflakes and reindeer. I blame American television.

:shakes fist:

tau.ceti

Post by tau.ceti » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:48 am

Mainman wrote: Christmas down under must be a very different experience. I'm fond of Christmastime waterfights too, as long as the H2O is in a slightly cooler physical state.
Christmas in Brisbane is a bit more balmy and tropical island-ish. A bit more chilled out (who the heck is going to move fast and act stressed in this heat?) though it is 1000 km closer to the equator (think Orlando, Florida), it doesn't get the extremes of Sydney (generally) and is more moderate, with lovely breezes. Though I do pity the santas, most stay in air-con shopping centres, and seem to survive, even if they do lose significant amounts of weight. Bushfires are a problem, but summer storms are a bigger one for us northerners, and cyclone season becomes a problem too.