Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

All discussion related to the Crimson Dark webcomic (at crimsondark.com)
Alvarin

Re: Official "Discuss the latest page" thread

Post by Alvarin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am

That it might be.

On different subject, I believe that all the ships were ordered to depart, not just specifically Katherine's glance, so unless the order was reversed upon their capture, which I doubt, they'd be pretty low on choices.

BTW, singling out Vrae's ship, while Bob was still awake pretty much pointed him out as an accomplice.
Speaking of which, the Control, Bob, is not restrained at his post, nor was he unconscious. Why didn't he intervene during the whole scene? Can the augmentations block motion of the host?

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm

At the end of page 396, Bob is put to sleep/rendered unconscious/something. That said, it's almost too bad if he *isn't* able to see this - walking and talking proof that the military has been lying to him and he's been kept in the dark about things on the station he controls - about the woman he replaced, no less!

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:17 pm

I like where this is going, regarding Mensk's ship.

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Alvarin wrote:BTW, singling out Vrae's ship, while Bob was still awake pretty much pointed him out as an accomplice.
Since he was complicit in selling them out, a) his involvement was already known, and b) why should our heroes care what shit they smear on him?

Kari is right too. Mensk already wants them dead, and with luck stealing his ship will give him a stroke or something. Or he might be on board and available for important duties like testing the quality of the vacuum outside the airlock...

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 am

About the "b" - with some exception from Wisper's side , they tend to be on morality side.
At the general style of the comics, I really doubt Mensk will be on board.

skythorn

Post by skythorn » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Ah, power gravity and a loss of control. I wonder how the fight to get out of the station will occur with a miserable number of weapons being shared amongst our heros ...

And it will be nice to see our team with a Control powered tech as well as a Whisper powered cute girl!

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:34 am

Not so omnipotent then, huh. Good.

Mercy Machine

Post by Mercy Machine » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Alvarin wrote:About the "b" - with some exception from Wisper's side , they tend to be on morality side.
Meh... Morality is a two-way street.

OK, so Sarah's lost control of the gravity net. I wonder what other entertaining systems she can play with. Selective venting the atmosphere, perhaps? :twisted:

Alvarin

Post by Alvarin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Solar flare? nice idea!

cbhacking

Post by cbhacking » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Mercy Machine wrote:
Alvarin wrote:About the "b" - with some exception from Wisper's side , they tend to be on morality side.
Meh... Morality is a two-way street.

OK, so Sarah's lost control of the gravity net. I wonder what other entertaining systems she can play with. Selective venting the atmosphere, perhaps? :twisted:
Dunno about venting atmo - that's the kind of thing that you try to avoid doing if at all possible, since it's relatively hard to find O2 and N2 in space - but there are certain to be fire-suppression systems. One of the best ways of doing that is to remove the oxygen. Other possibilities that come to mind involve closing blast doors, turning off life support (air and climate control), and possibly other tricks. Basically, if it's an emergency system, she can probably use it to cause mayhem.

Actually, the current ruse is a pretty darn good one. Doesn't even involve killing everybody, although I'm sure it's not going to be *that* easy. Still, controlling station communications (and internal police/security systems, quite possibly) is quite the advantage - if nothing else, it lets the sow mass confusion.